Help Me Decide On My First Tractor - Central Texas

/ Help Me Decide On My First Tractor - Central Texas
OP UPDATES??

Inquiring minds like to know- were you able to find a tractor that met your needs for a price you could live with??

Sorry to say, nothing has panned out yet. I have looked at a bunch but not one that I didn't have concerns about. I know patience is a virtue, right? :confused:

/ Help Me Decide On My First Tractor - Central Texas #52  
A hot Texas summer will make you appreciate iced-down beer.
A full days work in Vermont will to.

/ Help Me Decide On My First Tractor - Central Texas #53  
Sorry to say, nothing has panned out yet. I have looked at a bunch but not one that I didn't have concerns about. I know patience is a virtue, right? :confused:

I have been told that to, and in many cases it has proven to be true.

Hopefully the right tractor will show up- and after some close inspection you will know you have a winner.

Good Luck, and I hope that a suitable tractor presents itself :thumbsup:

/ Help Me Decide On My First Tractor - Central Texas #54  
Sorry for the off topic comment from a northerner Yankee but if I lived in Texas I would insist on a handy shotgun mount. I HATE SNAKES!!

Seriously, do you have much trouble with rattlers?

/ Help Me Decide On My First Tractor - Central Texas #55  

Torchrider; I was in the same spot as you a few years back (also in central tx). I looked for almost a year before I found my John Deere 4300 (2001) with Loader. Bought it just under 10k with loader and finish mower. Have since bought chisel power, larger shredder, and disc (all used). Like you I also have 20 acres which I used the tractor to make a shooting range and berms. I keep it shredded (about 10-12 acres) of it and plant a variety of crops (oats, hay grazer etc). Keep looking; you will find one. This was also my first tractor purchase and I've had to fix up a few things on the tractor that broke (minor issues) and this forum has been a great help.

JD_4300.jpg

Last edited: