Help me Design Building for Tractors and Pickup

/ Help me Design Building for Tractors and Pickup #22  
If I were to put shipping containers on the property My lovely missus would find my guns so fast.
they will be new, solid grey colour, "pretty" ... I have some convincing to do still :)

/ Help me Design Building for Tractors and Pickup #23  
I prefer doors on each end so you can pull in back your implement into it's space and unhook. I don't like moving this to get at that. With that in mind this is how I have done mine. If you can use wheeled dollies to move stuff around that's a good idea.
This is just a small part of my barn but you get the idea. I also poured concrete around the outside walls to prevent rodents from getting in.
20170429_111529_Original.jpg

/ Help me Design Building for Tractors and Pickup #25  
I had a red steel shop put up 5 years ago. After I got a custom built $ quote on my dream shop my ‘dream’ started changing. I still went about 50% cost-wise over what I first imagined. 25x30 with a lean-to on one side. I recently got a quote from the company to add a lean-to on the back side, now priced at half of what the entire building cost in 2017. Ouch.

Most of my sturdy implements live outside in the weather (rotary cutter, flail mower, tandem disc harrow, etc.) where they will outlive me. Just a bit sun faded. Hard for me to justify the cost of housing them. Tip: make sure you doors are sized properly for current and future needs. ROPS are surprisingly tall. :rolleyes:

Good folks here, located in South Georgia but erect throughout the southeast.

/ Help me Design Building for Tractors and Pickup #26  
you do realize that this presupposes the use of deodorant n the first place.
Ha Ha Ha - Never considered that ---Still laughing. Ha

/ Help me Design Building for Tractors and Pickup #27  
Cat Fever - I love that building, and doors on both ends are a good idea

/ Help me Design Building for Tractors and Pickup
I don't have to use deodorant any more. I'm married.

/ Help me Design Building for Tractors and Pickup #29  
Nice idea, except why only 20 ft long, many pickups are longer then 20'.
Also with only 16' in width it will be a bit narrow for two full sized vehicles.

Location, Direction, Available Space

I have the space for the 40 ftr along the edge of property / treeline at the driveway, however because there is a public right-of-way turnaround on the property, I only have room for a 20 ft parallel sea can.

This available space is also why I'm thinking 16 ft wide is doable between the sea cans, 18 ft wide is preferred.

20 ft length should be fine for my needs, but I could put a 3-4 foot overhang (rain guard) at the front for some extra length (probably $30K cost)

my purpose is primarily for parking the '64 El Camino (17.5' L x 6 W'), and a second vehicle, or my BX tractor. My Silverado is shorter. and slightly wider than the El Camino. The space between the sea cans will also be a garage area, work space. If I can go to 18' that would be preferred though.

If I can get this set-up done, it will lessen my need for a 30 x 40 ft pole barn at the back end of the property. (probably $60K cost)

/ Help me Design Building for Tractors and Pickup #30  
Currently building a 30x40x16 with an 8x20 lean-to on one end (30). Double garage door on driveway side and 10x10 door on the lean-to side. Tall door for tractor if needs to go inside. It will normally live under the lean-to. Rain sheds to the sides.

I had it built tall, for storage and plenty of room to lift FEL if needed.