Forks Help me figure out clamp on fork lifting capacity

/ Help me figure out clamp on fork lifting capacity #21  
I have chained a set of SSQA forks in a bucket. My loader has SSQA, but this tractor didn't. It didn't work very good at all, but beat no forks. Clamp on forks would have been better.

image-3022492523.jpg

/ Help me figure out clamp on fork lifting capacity #22  
I'm now leaning towards skipping the clamp on forks. Going to ask my dealer if he has a blank plate that fits my loader. Then I could buy some used forks and weld on the plate.

Now you're talking. I think that's a great idea. You will probably be surprised at how often you will use those forks they are very handy for lots of things. And I think with the lift capacity that you have available to you on the tractor that is by far the best way to go overall.

/ Help me figure out clamp on fork lifting capacity #23  
4570man, yeah, I do this too:

P1120421.JPG

Poor B7800 is about maxed out lifting these. In the process of buying a new, bigger tractor that's got SSQA and will have pallet forks!

/ Help me figure out clamp on fork lifting capacity #24  
I'm actually surprised at the B7800 lifted it. How much would you guess that crate weighs? I use my forklift to do as much of the heavy lifting as possible.

image-1952562634.jpg

image-2811168134.jpg

/ Help me figure out clamp on fork lifting capacity #25  
This particular crate wasn't packed, and it had some wood that had dried out a good bit. Maybe 500 lbs? Not sure. I know that I've had it straining really hard, such that I could just get a crate off the ground to move it (and steerage was almost impossible- in my picture, in the background you'll see a crate stacked on another- this was exceedingly difficult as I could just barely get that crate up there and that the steering once almost nonexistent). We're talking max about 1/4 cord. Loader capacity is supposed to be something like 880 lbs at the bucket center. Being tipped back and with the forks resting back inside the bucket a bit helps bring the weight back. Note that I just recently acquired these crates and filled them. This was the plan; but, I was pretty sure that they'd be more than the B7800 could really handle- I had already been planning on purchasing another piece of equipment that could handle them: even considered a fork lift, but since I want something that can run a bigger mower and move more weight around my property I decided to go with another tractor.

/ Help me figure out clamp on fork lifting capacity #26  
I am not going to debate the merits of clamp on vs other types of forks.

But I notice alot of people dont think your tractor will lift 1200# with clamp on's.

Im in the other camp here. I'd be truly surprised if it didnt lift it.

My old tractor had a loader rated for about half of what yours is. I had no issues putting 1100# of concrete on a pallet into the bed of my truck (~3.5' height).

As already mentioned, you loose lift capacity pretty rapidly as you raise the loader. The 2000# spec at the pin....thats to max height. The loader is MUCH stronger than that down closer to the ground.