help me find my filler for hydrualic fluid for the bucket and back hoe please.

/ help me find my filler for hydrualic fluid for the bucket and back hoe please. #1  

mf40fella

Tractor
MF40 Industrial
HI All, I recently purchased a Massey Ferguson industrial with back hoe. I think it's an MF40. took me an hour to drive it home on the country lanes and have to say I was nervous. But she performed flawlessly. Anyway I became a bit over zealous when I got back and managed to burst one of the hoses, which I am getting replaced. So when I get the new one back I have no idea where to refill the resevoir. Here are a couple of photos to help with the identification.

Many thanks for any info and if someone has an electronic copy of any workshop or owners manual I would be even more grateful.

Many thanks
Chris

mf40.jpgmf40-1.jpg

/ help me find my filler for hydrualic fluid for the bucket and back hoe please. #2  
Looks like a site glass on the loader arm if that's the case the fill hole should be on 1 side or the other near the top the canister at the bottom may hold a H filter.

/ help me find my filler for hydrualic fluid for the bucket and back hoe please.
Looks like a site glass on the loader arm if that's the case the fill hole should be on 1 side or the other near the top the canister at the bottom may hold a H filter.

Thanks there is a cap in the middle of the arm (circled in the attached photo) could it be that?

mf40-1.jpg

/ help me find my filler for hydrualic fluid for the bucket and back hoe please. #4  
Hard to tell from that angle, but if that cap goes into the loader tower it probably is what you're looking for - My 580B has a cap on TOP of the loader tower, and a "full" pipe plug about where the top of your sight glass is located. The entire frame and loader towers is the hydraulic reservoir... Steve

/ help me find my filler for hydrualic fluid for the bucket and back hoe please. #5  
Grease that thing!:thumbsup:

/ help me find my filler for hydrualic fluid for the bucket and back hoe please.
Hard to tell from that angle, but if that cap goes into the loader tower it probably is what you're looking for - My 580B has a cap on TOP of the loader tower, and a "full" pipe plug about where the top of your sight glass is located. The entire frame and loader towers is the hydraulic reservoir... Steve

Yes I'll take a better photo.

Thanks.

/ help me find my filler for hydrualic fluid for the bucket and back hoe please. #7  
Take the cap off and stick a piece of wire or something down in to see if it's oil or smell it.

/ help me find my filler for hydrualic fluid for the bucket and back hoe please. #8  
Sorry to reopen this old post but I only just now came across it and thought my info may help someone.
Please see your photo with some adds on it.

mf40-1.jpg