Help me make my trailer self loading

/ Help me make my trailer self loading
LOL, we're pretty traditional in our roles.... I don't ask her to help me because I don't want her to ask me to help her. ;)

/ Help me make my trailer self loading #23  
It'll be easier going down hill...

option 4.png

It'll be easier going down hill...

View attachment 472650

I'm sure it would be. How do you suggest I do that!?

A couple thoughts on this method; my home made plow/ scoop could be quite narrow....maybe 2 or 3' wide so as to not overload the bike....and also I could put the tracks on the bike to get max traction. In that case I'd rather tow the trailer with something else (my offroad s10 maybe) or even build a dump box for the S10.

Well, I seem to have found a good deal on a SS rental! Buddy has an add up on kijiji that he's renting a Cat 226 for $200/ day delivery included with 20 hours run time. I asked him if he'd do $200 for a weekend and 10 hours run time and he said he would. I'm jumping all over this. Even if this just gets me two tandem loads, $200 spread where I want it is a great deal. I suppose I could dig a trench so that the trailer will be lower then the pile for later on... although it'll fill with water....

Now if I can only get someone to run the fourwheeler while I shunt gravel with the SS, I'll double my productivity!

/ Help me make my trailer self loading #26  
I'm sure it would be. How do you suggest I do that!?

You dig a trench wide and deep enough for the trailer next to the pile and shore it up well. Build your material ramp so it hangs out a foot over the edge of the trailer so that the material always falls off the ramp into the trailer instead of onto the edge of the trailer, or you'll be scooping out the trailer trench periodically and/or the trailer tires will ride up over the spills a bit higher each time until you have to clean out the trench. You don't have to make the loading ramp as downhill as exaggerated in the drawings. Level would be fine. But uphill will cause a lot more work to be done VS level or downhill. When loading, gravity is your best friend.

/ Help me make my trailer self loading #28  
The answer may be in the past.

"Return with us now to those thrilling days of yesteryear, when from out of the past come the" many ways of loading gravel without machinery.

A low route with a bridge over it was often used. The bridge had a hole or slot where the horse-drawn scraper dumped into the truck trailer, railcar, etc. You could pull a scraper with ATV or Jeep instead of a horse. I've seen the same arrangement used in later years with a dozer used to push material onto the bridge. The bridge then often didn't have the fill on one side as the dozer didn't need to cross.

In India that method still seems to be pretty common

Jatt on Tractor (part 1/5) - YouTube

/ Help me make my trailer self loading #29  
LOL, we're pretty traditional in our roles.... I don't ask her to help me because I don't want her to ask me to help her. ;)

You're pretty smart!! :laughing:

I don't have any good advice for you, but I always like watching your projects. You always think waaaaay outside the box!! :thumbsup:

You're pretty smart!! :laughing:

I don't have any good advice for you, but I always like watching your projects. You always think waaaaay outside the box!! :thumbsup:

LOL, well thank you Sir!