3-Point Hitch HELP!! My Kubota L2800 has no hitch adjustment.

/ HELP!! My Kubota L2800 has no hitch adjustment. #1  

clovergamecock

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L2800 4WD FEL
The hitch is either all the way up or all the way down. There are no in between 8 and 1 anymore. In addition to this the hitch just takes off when adjusted all the way up or down. I was thinking hydralic fluid low but the site window for fluid level is right in the middle.
Right now I can not get my post hole digger high enough to get it level and not drag the ground. I have tried all 3 of the holes on the tractor as well all the holes on the spine of the auger.

It all use to work fine. What am I missing???

Thanks
Wade

/ HELP!! My Kubota L2800 has no hitch adjustment. #2  
The hitch is either all the way up or all the way down. There are no in between 8 and 1 anymore. In addition to this the hitch just takes off when adjusted all the way up or down. I was thinking hydralic fluid low but the site window for fluid level is right in the middle.
Right now I can not get my post hole digger high enough to get it level and not drag the ground. I have tried all 3 of the holes on the tractor as well all the holes on the spine of the auger.

It all use to work fine. What am I missing???

Thanks
Wade

It sounds like something has happened to the feedback mechanism of the position control.. On the off chance that you have one of the few L2800's fitted with a draft control lever, where is it positioned.?. Yes I know you probably don't have draft control, but it was worth a shot.

/ HELP!! My Kubota L2800 has no hitch adjustment.
Draft control lever??? I have the lever beside the seat that sets the height of the hitch. This has position settings 1-8. Where is the feedback mechanism? Can this be checked before replacing?

Thanks
Wade

/ HELP!! My Kubota L2800 has no hitch adjustment. #4  
Draft control lever??? I have the lever beside the seat that sets the height of the hitch. This has position settings 1-8. Where is the feedback mechanism? Can this be checked before replacing?

Thanks
Wade

If you don't have a draft control lever by the position control lever, then you don't have draft control. So that is that. Very few L2800's have it, but a few did. I believe the feedback mechanism is inside the valve body. Unless you are very mechanically inclined, and want to get a workshop manual and tear into the valve body, I think you are going to need to take this to your dealer. A member on this forum named Chilly807 has experience with tearing down these valves, and if you wanted to PM (personal message) him to get his attention he might be able to help you. Otherwise I think a trip to the dealer is what is next.

/ HELP!! My Kubota L2800 has no hitch adjustment. #5  
Also check your suction return hose under r front pedal for cracks and leaks.

/ HELP!! My Kubota L2800 has no hitch adjustment. #6  
Could it have anything to do with the 3-point hitch lowering speed. That's the knob under the seat. Could it be in the lock position?
3-point hitch lowering speed.jpg

/ HELP!! My Kubota L2800 has no hitch adjustment.
Well I feel dumb!!! The knob had not been turned in so long that it was frozen. At some point it had been cranked all the way up to the fastest speed... I don't remember doing this or why I would have but it is working as it should now. Thanks all!!!

Wade