Help - New Holland TC30 Injector Pump Replacement

/ Help - New Holland TC30 Injector Pump Replacement #1  

OkieFarmer78

Tractor
John Deere 6105M
Recently purchased a mid 2000's New Holland TC30. It has the little Shibaura N843 - 3 Cyl Diesel.

I purchased the tractor not-running. Supposedly, the injector pump was gummed up.. and was disassembled prior to my purchase. I have the bucket of parts and the pump housing..and some of the internal parts are pretty bad.

A re-man injection pump will be here in a day or two, but curious on timing. I believe the timing is set by the amount/thickness of the shims under Should be a plug / play / and bleed? But before I did something to damage the new pump / pump cam / etc, I wanted to make sure there was nothing else needed to set the timing, and regardless of current cam position, I could bolt this pump down, hook up the lines, blead the system, and go.

Thanks

Last edited:
   / Help - New Holland TC30 Injector Pump Replacement #2  
I'm sure someone with more knowledge on your TC30 will chime in; however I do not think it is plug & play when replacing an injector pump on any of the 3 or 4 cylinder diesels in the NH TC series..

I believe you need to verify the Pump Timing by doing a Spill-Timing procedure... I don't have a TC30 Manual but I know that is the procedure in the TC35 - TC40 - TC45 Service manual....

So make sure you check before just bolting it on...

/ Help - New Holland TC30 Injector Pump Replacement #3  
The TC29, 29D, 33, 33D manual I have also mentions the "Spill Timing" procedure under the Timing and Governor Adjustment section.

It sure doesn't seem like its.....just bolt the new/remanufactured injection pump on and fire it up without a lot of checks/adjustments.

/ Help - New Holland TC30 Injector Pump Replacement
Thank you for chiming in. I dont have the manual, and my knowledge of these shibaura's is limited.

I'll see what I can find.

/ Help - New Holland TC30 Injector Pump Replacement #5  
Thank you for chiming in. I dont have the manual, and my knowledge of these shibaura's is limited.

I'll see what I can find.
I would hope whoever you purchased the re-manufactured pump from could send you a procedure specifically to your tractor for its calibration.

I asked, and even called the local dealer... nothing. The New Holland dealer couldnt even source a pump for me.

I've spent the last 30 minutes digging, trying to find the procedure for the spill-timing. I understand what that is, but theres nothing I can find on how to set it. Does your manual happen to have the instructions?

/ Help - New Holland TC30 Injector Pump Replacement #7  
@OkieFarmer78 - if you are keeping this tractor I think it would be well worth your wild to have the correct shop manual...

You should be able to find a digital copy on places like ebay & the such or you could purchase an digital download version from places like The Repair Manual & download it instantly for around $35 - $40. There are others places too; I only mention The Repair Manual because I have purchase from them previously. (Use the search tool in the top left type "TC30")

I do have the pages for the TC35 thru the TC45 but unsure if the procedure is the same on the TC30, so I would only use it as a reference.

It does list the Timing for the N843L engine but the timing is for the TC35... Again for the few bucks I would just purchase the correct Manual for your TC30 to be sure.

PDF For Reference Only:

Attachments

• TC40 Injector Pump Replacement - Timimg - Spill-time procedures.pdf
    328.9 KB · Views: 113
@OkieFarmer78 - if you are keeping this tractor I think it would be well worth your wild to have the correct shop manual...

You should be able to find a digital copy on places like ebay & the such or you could purchase an digital download version from places like The Repair Manual & download it instantly for around $35 - $40. There are others places too; I only mention The Repair Manual because I have purchase from them previously. (Use the search tool in the top left type "TC30")

I do have the pages for the TC35 thru the TC45 but unsure if the procedure is the same on the TC30, so I would only use it as a reference.

It does list the Timing for the N843L engine but the timing is for the TC35... Again for the few bucks I would just purchase the correct Manual for your TC30 to be sure.

PDF For Reference Only:
This is absolutely fantastic! I will look at the timing for the tc30, but the procedure should be spot on! From what I remember, the TC35 is the same 3cyl as the TC30. The TC40 and up should be a 4cyl if memory serves...as I've had both a TC40 and TC45 in years past.

I appreciate you taking the time to download at attach this.

And I Agree on the manual!!

/ Help - New Holland TC30 Injector Pump Replacement #9  
This one is a little different and does not mention your TC30 but does reference the TC29. As dlctcg has mentioned I'd be looking for a manual specific to your TC30 model.

Attachments

• Spill Timing.zip
    5.8 MB · Views: 128
   / Help - New Holland TC30 Injector Pump Replacement #10  
If there are shims on the block or on the old ip..
Bolt it up and start it..
Btw.. I could’ve built your old pump..