Help removing front gear case

/ Help removing front gear case #1  

mjw357

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B3200
Working on replacing gear case seal, have removed snap ring above bottom bevel gear. Doesnt seem to want to come off, have tried rubber mallet and small hammer on block of wood. Anything else to remove or just go to bigger hammer? On a B3200.

65981300989__E8C943C7-AFEB-4FD6-8139-E0E517ED7A23.JPG

/ Help removing front gear case
Thanks for the reply rScotty, I’ve looked at all the parts diagrams and it seems that the bottom snap ring should release it. I cannot for the life of me find a video or thread of someone doing this repair on a B3xxx series tractor. All sorts of BX/L/M, and older B7xxx series tractors. I dont want to just go ape with a sledge to find there is another retainer of some kind in there to be removed.

/ Help removing front gear case #4  
If I remember correctly on my B7800 they came apart nicely but I had trouble putting it back together. ended up taking the whole assembly off the axle and to my dealer who swiftly broke out the 5 lb dead blow hammer and had the assembly together with one hit. I got on amazon and ordered a bigger hammer as soon as I got back.

Should be able to come out with a couple hits with a soft faced hammer or a block of wood. lay some plywood or a couple layers of cardboard down so the case doesn't get dirty when it falls on the ground.

/ Help removing front gear case #5  
It is easier if you remove the entire final drive from the axle where it bolts together. Check underneath of the gear case, below the lower bevel gear. There may be a cap covering another snap ring underneath of the bevel gear.

/ Help removing front gear case #6  
Like Midwesterner said, remove the whole assembly by taking the four bolts out and put it on a bench.

/ Help removing front gear case #7  
Thanks for the reply rScotty, I’ve looked at all the parts diagrams and it seems that the bottom snap ring should release it. I cannot for the life of me find a video or thread of someone doing this repair on a B3xxx series tractor. All sorts of BX/L/M, and older B7xxx series tractors. I dont want to just go ape with a sledge to find there is another retainer of some kind in there to be removed.

Is that the right part diagram? It says it is for the B3200HSD,4wd,ROPS.

I guess I'm not sure what it is that you are trying to remove?
The whole outer bevel gear housing for the vertical gear shaft should come off with 4 bolts. I don't think you will get anywhere until you take that off and put it on the bench.
From where you are now, I see a vertical gear shaft (140) that has a lower bevel gear as part of the shaft. The shaft is held by an external circlop (050). Then farther up there is an inner circlip (040) that connects the upper bevel gear (120) to that shaft.
There is also a horizontal shaft (070) that has a bevel gear (080) held by internal circlip (110).
Which one are you having a problem with?

I'd go for a shop manual before a hammer.

rScotty

/ Help removing front gear case
Is that the right part diagram? It says it is for the B3200HSD,4wd,ROPS.

I guess I'm not sure what it is that you are trying to remove?

Which one are you having a problem with?

I'd go for a shop manual before a hammer.

rScotty

It is a B3200HSD, trying to separate axle case and bevel gear to replace seal 020 I think it is, where wheel pivots to steer.

Last edited: