Help removing the clutch on Bcs 720.

/ Help removing the clutch on Bcs 720.
Thanks. Will do. I initially thought that the shaft on the B&S was going to be 3/4" but it turned out to be 1". So I'm returning the smaller Predator and going up to the 8 hp one. That's what I was wanting anyway.

I got the engine installed two days ago but have yet to run the break-in.(I spent two days trying to catch a tiny 6 week old kitten some *##hole dumped in the briars in the ditches across the road from my house. Then 4 hours today at a vet's office. Found it a new home though:) ) Anyway, I did start it and was pleased that it did start on the first pull. The only hang-up I had was the key provided with the Predator was too large. I wound up reusing the old key from the Briggs which let the clutch fit the shaft perfectly. The new engine is rather quiet which is very nice.

I had been concerned that there may be a transmission problem because the tractor didnt want to move when placed in neutral, even with the engine removed. But after I got the engine installed, I started it up, put it in gear, then back into neutral....still the wheels wouldn't move in neutral. I got a bit ticked and decided to drag it out from under the shop roofline and after about 10 feet, it finally broke loose and the wheels started to turn. I was very relieved. Now I have the tines on order and they should be here on Monday. I've already soaked the old bolts in penetrating fluid so hopefully they will be cooperate and come loose. I may be on my way to tilling next week!

/ Help removing the clutch on Bcs 720. #13  
Congratulations! Sounds like you have a winner.

We bought a 26" Berta flail mower for our 720. Wife says I've turned into a 'flailing fanatic'.

Cheers.

Congrats on the flail mower.