Help, Wife overdosing me with Zuchinni everything

/ Help, Wife overdosing me with Zuchinni everything #1  

Hoosier_Daddy

Platinum Member
Tractor
New BX2200 4-3-02 (traded 6-08) new B2620 06-08
I love the summer garden foods especially, Tomatoes, sweet corn, potato's, beans, onions, peas and melon.. But, these Zuchinni's have got to quit growing and producing.

I could make a B grade Asian movie using some of them that just grew huge over night. She has fed me meals using zuchinni in so many different ways that it rivals the Bubba-Gump Shrimp recipes in Forrest Gump.

I am starting to turn green. This has got to stop. HELP!!!!

/ Help, Wife overdosing me with Zuchinni everything #2  
If she makes zuchinni bread, send some my way. Otherwise feed the dog under the table.

/ Help, Wife overdosing me with Zuchinni everything #3  
I have learned that there is not much point in arguing with my wife over such matters. I take things into my own hands when she is not around.

Go out (when she's not around) and pinch off any new growth that is starting out. Discard the evidence. Repeat as necessary. /w3tcompact/icons/clever.gif

I have used this technique on leftovers. Take them to work and say you ate them. (toss in trash on the way into the building) Once I took smoky links to work every day for a week. (she somehow got the idea that I like them, I don't)

Using any of these tips is sure to go a long way towards ensuring a blissfull relationship on the home front.

WARNING:

Never tell her you don't like them !

/ Help, Wife overdosing me with Zuchinni everything #4  
<font color=blue>Go out (when she's not around) and pinch off any new growth that is starting out. Discard the evidence. Repeat as necessary. </font color=blue>

One potential downside to this is she might think yield is down and plant even more next year. /w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif

/ Help, Wife overdosing me with Zuchinni everything #5  
/w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif

Uh Oh !

/w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif

/ Help, Wife overdosing me with Zuchinni everything
Next "OD" food might be Egg Plant. I saw one on the kitchen counter this morning. So, next week I will be taking on a purple shade. UGH!!!

I really don't get this Zuchinni thing though. I like some Zuchinni bread and have enjoyed it fried (taste like butter and breading just like mushrooms do) but geez, what's the point. If you add all these ingredients to bread like nuts, pineapple, raisins, apple or whatever to diguise the Zuchinni's it ceases to be Zuchinni bread.... I just don't get it....

/ Help, Wife overdosing me with Zuchinni everything #7  
One of my favorite stories is about a church usher who called the police after seeing a couple going from car to car in the church parking lot, reaching in through all the open windows.

You guessed it, they were leaving bags of zuchinni in the unsuspected parisioners' cars while they were unable to defend themselves!/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ Help, Wife overdosing me with Zuchinni everything #8  
Hoosier_Daddy
The best time and way to control Zucchini over production is in the spring. Don’t plant any. /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Help, she is going to feed me Barney

Attachments

• 6-183342-Barney1,8-12-02.jpg
    6-183342-Barney1,8-12-02.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 73
Barney Again

Attachments

• 6-183345-Barney1,8-12-02.jpg
    6-183345-Barney1,8-12-02.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 79