Help with a 1500 ford tractor

/ Help with a 1500 ford tractor #1  

JayT54

Tractor
Cityhigh1
Hey there so im a little new to tractors and just recently bought a family farm and it came with a 1500 blue 4x4 tractor it is the compact version that was made in japan, i downloaded the manual for it but i can not get it to start, it has a new battery and the lights come on when i go to turn it over but it will not turn over, almost seems like it needs a boost? Im trying to figure out all the levers and how they operate, does anyone have a video or site based on these tractors?

/ Help with a 1500 ford tractor #2  
When you activate the starter does the engine turn over but not start? Or will it simply not turn over at all. If it will turn over but not start it's possible you've not moved the throttle. Many older tractors do not have a fuel shutoff solenoid. You must turn on the fuel if you want them to start. In some you need to move the throttle to wide open. This is not a choke position but acts similar on a diesel. I forget what it's called. You may also wish to confirm whether the glow plugs are working. TractorData.com Ford 1500 tractor information

/ Help with a 1500 ford tractor
When you activate the starter does the engine turn over but not start? Or will it simply not turn over at all. If it will turn over but not start it's possible you've not moved the throttle. Many older tractors do not have a fuel shutoff solenoid. You must turn on the fuel if you want them to start. In some you need to move the throttle to wide open. This is not a choke position but acts similar on a diesel. I forget what it's called. You may also wish to confirm whether the glow plugs are working. TractorData.com Ford 1500 tractor information
It won’t turn over at all just turn key and nothing, tried holding down clutch, fuel is open and messed with throttle everything is in neutral as well what are glow plugs

/ Help with a 1500 ford tractor
Also where would I get the full manual on this tractor that details everything I need to know

/ Help with a 1500 ford tractor #5  
It won’t turn over at all just turn key and nothing, tried holding down clutch, fuel is open and messed with throttle everything is in neutral as well what are glow plugs
I have a 1715 and that happens occasionally with mine. It is usually the PTO safety switch. Mine was also equipped with a clutch safety switch but the previous owner removed it. If either switch is activated it disables the starter.
Try using a screwdriver across the hot terminal on the starter to the smaller one inboard of it. Make sure your tractor is in neutral first. If you short across the starter it should turn the engine over, if not then you may have a starter or solenoid problem. If it does turn over, check the clutch and PTO switches, assuming that the PTO is disengaged and you are stepping on the clutch.