Help with a wire connection

/ Help with a wire connection #1  

DDacey

Tractor
Iseki TL2300
Feeling kinda foolish, I finished the rebuild on my Iseki tl230 and am almost done with the re-assembly. I labeled all my wire connections but failed to label a red wire that connects somewhere on the right side of the engine.The wire is in a bundle with the oil pressure sensor wire(yellow with black stripe) and the glow plug wire ( black with yellow stripe). From what little info I can find there's supposed to be a connection to the fuel pump but for the life of me I can't figure out where it is. Any help would be appreciated.

/ Help with a wire connection
OK , I'm wondering now wether this wire might in fact go back up to the key switch. Contemplating the wireing diagram and there seems to be some indication that may be the case. So far nobody has chimed in so I'm guessing nobody has the answer?

/ Help with a wire connection #3  
Hmmm, four hours from the request to the frustration. Please realize people will respond on a catch as catch can basis. If you're really in doubt as to what's going on hook up what you know to where you know is the right point. Tape that red wire off for now. Try some of the circuits to see what indicators work (oil pressure, glow plug, etc.) If nothing works then you may have now power to the ignition switch. If everything works leave the tape on the red wire and don't worry about it. No, I don't have an Iseki, just a thought.

Didn't mean to sound impatient. I've been deep into tearing this thing apart and putting it back together for a week now. The E3AE1 engine is fairly common but the Iseki TL2300 is a Japanese tractor. The only manuals for it are in Japanese. Makes it a little difficult to figure out.
So far the glow plugs seem to be glowing, the engine cranks but I'm getting no fuel. I'm going to peruse some old threads here about priming the pump, maybe that will work.

/ Help with a wire connection #5  
Does it have a fuel shut off solenoid at the injection pump? The wire might be for it. I'm not familiar with that model either, so just guessing here.

On another note, if you have a smartphone, you can install Google Translator app, which have a feature that you can point the camera over a text and it will translate the text.

As far as I can tell the tractor does not have a shut off solenoid, at least not that I can locate. I've gone over the pump area and can find no connection point for any wires. I might have to try your idea about using a translator app and buy the Japanese repair manual, thanks for that.

This might sound stupid but have you ever heard of adding fuel to the intake supply to see if the engine will crank over? I know I've often sprayed starter fluid in gas intakes to get an initial start but don't have any idea if this would work with a Diesel engine.

/ Help with a wire connection #7  
As far as I can tell the tractor does not have a shut off solenoid, at least not that I can locate. I've gone over the pump area and can find no connection point for any wires. I might have to try your idea about using a translator app and buy the Japanese repair manual, thanks for that.

This might sound stupid but have you ever heard of adding fuel to the intake supply to see if the engine will crank over? I know I've often sprayed starter fluid in gas intakes to get an initial start but don't have any idea if this would work with a Diesel engine.
Do you have to pull or push something to shut engine down (manual fuel shut off)? If engine die's when key is turned off, there must be a solenoid to stop fuel flow. Keep looking,shut off is there,be it manual or electric.
Squirting fuel into manifold won't help a diesel. I do not reccomend starting fluid,esp when you don't have fuel at injectors. Temptation is too great to over dose and damage engine.

The engine shut off is manual, this is an older Iseki, probably early 80's. So I don't think it has a shut off solenoid. It has a pull shut off.

/ Help with a wire connection #9  
Might help get an answer if you post your wiring diagram.

Re: starting fluid... I recently noticed in my Kioti warranty language that spraying starting fluid in the engine immediately voids your warranty.

Thanks John. I think my warranty is long past. I wasn't thinking starter fluid but maybe a capful of diesel. I havn't tried it yet. The closest wiring diagram I have found ( a tractor that is supposed to be very similar to the Iseki ) is for a Bolens TU 2100. wire diagram.png

The branch of wire that I'm trying to figure out is the 3 wires that include the oil pressure sensor ( connected) The glow plugs (connected) and working and the red wire that in this diagram says it goes to the fuel pump. There is no electrical connection to the fuel pump on this tractor. I believe the fuel pump is mechanical.