Help with CUT cab heights?

/ Help with CUT cab heights? #1  

varmint

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B8200, then a Kubota L3130 HST, now a Kubota L3400 HST
Not sure how to title this, but after getting my "ideal" tractor set up for snow plowing, I realize I really want a cabbed tractor. Sitting out in the falling snow as I approach 70 has lost some of its charm.

My problem is our storage barn- with a little work, I can maybe get 88+" of clearance at the door. Pretty low for most cabbed tractors I have looked at. I want to be able to push a 6' min. front plow. I presently have a very nice L3400HST with a 78" SSQA plow, rear remotes, nicely outfitted they way I wanted it. Spacers, chains, etc. on the turf tires. Great machine, except for the lack of a heated cab. Anybody got any recommendations? Most of the Kubotas I have looked at on Tractordata don't specify the height requirement for cabs, or if they do, I haven't figured it out. I would be buying used, if and when I came across the "right" one. I will be travelling with a tape measure from now on.
Thanks, fellow Kubota owners.

/ Help with CUT cab heights? #2  
It also depends on what tires are on the machine;turfs being the shortest and AG's the tallest.
I have a L4240 HSTC with R1's(AG) tires and it measures about 88-1/2in.tall.

/ Help with CUT cab heights?
Birdman- it'll have turfs- I will need to use it in the summer to move stuff and dig post holes. Now, I checked tractordata.com, and they spec. 94.4" for the ROPs version for the L4240- I have to find another reference source, I guess.

/ Help with CUT cab heights? #4  
Kubota's specs for the Grand L 3560 say 90.6" with the cab. They don't say which tires that measurement applies to.

/ Help with CUT cab heights? #5  
We have a L4610 HSTC with R4's and know it is over 84" but not by much. We even modified one of our 7' doors to be able to get it in. I am sure it is less than 90". If needed, will measure it for you when the weather is better.

/ Help with CUT cab heights?
Thanks, but a L4610, while nice for pushing snow, is overkill for us. Sadly, I have come to realize a B series is probably the correct size- maybe 2500 lbs ready to go. And, I carefully checked- 84" will be max. Even then, if there's substantial snow outside, I will have to plow my way out so the tractor doesn't ride up when it leaves the barn.

/ Help with CUT cab heights? #7  
Kubota's specs for the B2650 and B3350 cab say 84.6" to the top of the cab. Just a hair too tall for you. It doesn't say what tires result in that measurement. R4's might cut an inch or more off of it, but it would be close.

/ Help with CUT cab heights? #8  
Not sure how to title this, but after getting my "ideal" tractor set up for snow plowing, I realize I really want a cabbed tractor. Sitting out in the falling snow as I approach 70 has lost some of its charm.

My problem is our storage barn- with a little work, I can maybe get 88+" of clearance at the door. Pretty low for most cabbed tractors I have looked at.

Not necessarily. I also have a height limit , had to modify the doors to get 230cm (90") to get the old L2550 with aftermarket cab inside, but the new L5030Hstc with turfs fits with at least 10cm to spare, it's considerably lower than the older, smaller tractor.

/Marcus