Help with Snow Blower QA/Sub-Frame L-2180 on L-Series

/ Help with Snow Blower QA/Sub-Frame L-2180 on L-Series #1  

moship

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L3130 HST 4x4 Kubota L4740-3 HST
Would someone be so kind to verify my subframe is assembled correctly for use on a L3130?

Some history on why I'm asking for help. The L-2180 quick attach (subframe) was purchased used and originally configured for a L4x30 tractor. Setting the length was easy enough to work on my shorter wheelbase, but I have no assembly manual (for quick attach) to verify if the lifting end is configured correctly.

What I'm hoping for: 1) copies of the L-2180 assembly manual detailing the lifting end attachment points. 2) Using the photos below verify it is configured correctly for a L3130.

The subframe works as is, but I can't help but wonder if it is a bit off considering the L4x30 is taller than my tractor.

Upper Hole or Lower hole as show:
Side Sub-Frame.JPG

Three possible settings:
Front Sub-Frame.JPG

Upper or lower for the hydraulic lift cylinder:
Lift Sub-Frame.JPG

Thanks

/ Help with Snow Blower QA/Sub-Frame L-2180 on L-Series #2  
First Picture: Top hole is "a" middle hole "b" and lowest hole is "c". Measure from bottom of tractor frame to ground, use position "a" 17 3/4" or less, use position "b" distance is between 17 3/4" and 19 3/8", use position "c" 19 3/8 or more.
Second picture Top hole is "a" middle"b" and lowest "c" Cylinder Support goes to the same position chosen on the first picture(A,B or C).
Third picture, always use the top hole unless a broom is being used.
Any question my e mail is KAG1032780@AOL.COM

Last edited:
   / Help with Snow Blower QA/Sub-Frame L-2180 on L-Series
Kubota 2007,

Thanks for the clear and concise information. Please understand I have not had the opportunity to look underneath the tractor yet, so perhaps I'm going to ask this question prematurely. Where is the tractor Frame to Ground clearance to be measured? (I'm assuming the frame is not parallel to ground through its length.)

Thanks again.

/ Help with Snow Blower QA/Sub-Frame L-2180 on L-Series #4  
I copied that from the manual. they show a picture of what appears to be a channel frame extending over the front axle forward. Then it shows a measurement from the bottom of the frame to the ground. I've been working all week, haven't had time to look at my tractor, I will this morning. What part of PA are you located in. I'm in the Northeaster section,Scranton Area.

We'll I measured the tractor and it is about 18-5/8" above the ground, so I was goint to put everything at position B. One problem though... The large nut and bolt that act as the pivot is beyond my wrench and socket selection. The size appears to be 1-11/16" and is SAE going by the head markings (class 5 identification marks). Can anyone confirm the size before investing in the tools?

Last edited:
   / Help with Snow Blower QA/Sub-Frame L-2180 on L-Series #6  
I have an L2180-1 sub-frame on my L3940. Do you have the manual? I have certain sections in .pdf, but not the complete manual. If you would like, I can send those to you, just personal e-mail me and I will return with attachment. Philip.

Philip8N,

Private email sent.

I do not have the manuals.

Thanks!

/ Help with Snow Blower QA/Sub-Frame L-2180 on L-Series #8  
moship-1-11/16" socket is a common socket for dodge 4WD truck front axle nuts.I have a Mac Tools ZP546 I've used only a few times in the 25 years I owned Dodge trucks.Good Luck!

To update where I'm at...

Measured everything per the instructions Philip8N provided and I need to move from the bottom holes to the middle ones. After procuring the large socket (1-5/8 12-point worked), the large bolts were removed using a 36" long 3/4" drive Snap-on rachet (borrowed from friend). The bolts are torqued between 600-840 ft-lbs, so it took some effort. Went to move the bolts to the middle position, but unfortunately the 1-1/8"NC x 4.0" long bolt wouldn't clear the PTO drive. So everything had to go back to its original position for the time being. The ground was cold wet and snow was already falling, so I'm going to wait for warmer weather when the QA can be dropped from the tractor and the driveshaft removed.

At least it gave me the opportunitiy to grease the pivot points when the bushings were removed. (Greased during assembly and no provisions to grease otherwise)