Help with washer fluid ballast.

/ Help with washer fluid ballast. #1  

brokeasajoke

Silver Member
Tractor
320dtc
Tire came off wheel and I lost my fluid the other day. The tires have washer fluid for ballast in them. My question is do I put straight washer fluid or mix with water and what ratio? Once or twice a year it may hit single digits here but is often in the teens in winter. Thanks.

/ Help with washer fluid ballast. #2  
Tire came off wheel and I lost my fluid the other day. The tires have washer fluid for ballast in them. My question is do I put straight washer fluid or mix with water and what ratio? Once or twice a year it may hit single digits here but is often in the teens in winter.
For your temps. 0F fluid will be just fine!
You don't dilute it in your car, so why would you dilute it in your tires?
This time of year, you should be able to find it on sale at end of season prices.

/ Help with washer fluid ballast.
Most I see around here is -25. I have plenty of antifreeze but hate to use it in case of another spill cause its probably ethylene glycol.

/ Help with washer fluid ballast. #4  
Most I see around here is -25. I have plenty of antifreeze but hate to use it in case of another spill cause its probably ethylene glycol.
Nothing wrong with -25F WWF.

/ Help with washer fluid ballast. #5  
Is your tractor inside stored, or outside stored?

/ Help with washer fluid ballast.
Outside or unheated shed.

/ Help with washer fluid ballast. #7  
When I loaded my tires, I bought a barrel of methanol and mixed it with 1.5 parts water. That gives about a -18f freeze point. I needed about 125 gallons to fill my rear tires, so it was easy to just pump from a 275 gallon tote.