Help

/ Help #11  
I agree Kioti is the most economical compared to the big 3.

I went with Kioti,my DK35 came in 2 weeks ago and i love it.
Works even better than i expected,fit and finish and the way it drives and operates is TOP NOTCH...

/ Help #12  
drewb
Take a look at the following site - another possibility to explore.
godollei.net/pt425/vids.html
Paul

/ Help #13  
the L3010 will do all that u ask, but have u given any considerationg to the L35? if u are going to do any amt. of bh work u may want to think about it and price it out. just think the L35 might be a little bit better for u?mho

/ Help #14  
These and other landscapeing issues are discussed extensively on...LawnSite.Com

http://lawnsite.com/index.php?s=291ef56682113755b0d1491b960b4ab4

You will probably want to check it out. I'm also contemplating starting a business in lawn prep/install. (Much better profit margin than lawn maintenance). I've been looking at the L3010 too. I believe it's the ideal size for this type of work. I really like the L35 but want HST. Just my personal preference. Have you looked into hydroseeding? If not, you may want to do a search and read the threads on LawnSite too.

Good luck in your endevors.

MicroMike

/ Help #15  
He's looking for 30 HP range. I'd go with the bigger 1400 or 1800 series for a landscaping business. <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.power-trac.com> Just take a look at these units from Power Trac. </A> I didn't say buy one. Just take a look at them. It might give you some ideas as to attachments that a landscaper could use and how fast changing implements factors into saving time in a business.

/ Help #16  
Thanks for the link.

Supposedly alot of the landscape guys go with the L3710 around here (NW IN). With its 38.5hp it can handle all of the larger attachments (I believe it will dig almost as deep as the L35 backhoe). This tractor just seemed to big to be tooling around semi-soft lawns.

HST- I agree, I think it would be nice to have, especially as a 500 upgrade on the Kubota. But as other people have said, a good operator could do just as much with a standard trans.

/ Help #17  
I have to agree with Jeff on this one. I live a few houses away from a busy landscaper. He has a B-sized Kubota with a backhoe, and I would say that it sits on his property 80% of the time. On the other hand, he also has a bobcat, and that thing is ALWAYS on the trailer, either on its way to the site, or on its way back. For lawn prep, flexibility and maneuverability, the skid-steers can't be beat. I think they are also the most efficient overall, when quick-tatch cabilities and ease-of-use are also factored in. For mowing these size lots, they invariably use walk-behind mowers, so the tractor is not a big benefit here, either. I have been seeing a lot of reasonably priced skid-steers in the paper locally for around 7500-10k for 2-5 year old machines in the mid-size range. I know very little about them, but all of the pro landscapers seem to prefer them.