Here is a 204 only thread !!!

/ Here is a 204 only thread !!! #1  

Frankdozer

Silver Member
Tractor
1967 Case 580CK Backhoe / Loader
I do not have a 204 ..... I have a 202. But this thread is for 204 owners only.
Frank

/ Here is a 204 only thread !!! #2  
I have a 204, but these old Work Bulls, 202, 203, 204 and 205, have enough similarities that I could go for a combined thread.

/ Here is a 204 only thread !!! #3  
I have a mf204, always looking for info on these, also looking for a replacement hydraulic pump.

/ Here is a 204 only thread !!! #4  
In the loader manual it says Cessna pump. Wonder if it’s the same Cessna that makes light planes. Wonder if they still make hydraulic pumps. Maybe time to call Wichita.

/ Here is a 204 only thread !!! #5  
With much struggle and cussing, I removed the outer front wheel weights (full disc 100 lb. cast iron, tightly wedged into the wheels - the inboard front wheel weights were already removed, and they come in convenient half donuts that only weigh 36-37 lbs. each). Then I dismounted the ratty old worn out 7.50-16 pickup truck tires and their ancient tubes. I mounted up brand new 7.50-16 Titan 3-rib 8 ply rated tractor tires with brand new tubes, then aired them up hard.

Losing the weights and going to proper 3-rib tires aired to 50 psi, definitely did reduce steering effort. It is still not fun. I really need to put a seal kit in that difficult to reach steering box right below the steering wheel, that pukes ATF about as fast as I can put it in.

I know I am breaking with redneck tradition by spending real money on real tractor tires, instead of running the oldest rattiest pickup tires on the place. But I am glad I did.