Here's to a more articulated new year!

/ Here's to a more articulated new year! #32  
I was under the impression that the operator platform was placed on the front half so that you are always aligned with the bucket (not having to look left or right as you turn).

Not on any real loader with one exception is a Huff made by International. Just backwards from what your thinking, speed in loading at truck is not having to full around going backward and to get over the bed when the bucket is all the way up. How you set up to back the truck in determines how fast you can load with the least amount of travel, and what spills off the back goes right back on the pile. You get that when it pulls out and you have the bucket in the air for the next truck to pull under and you stop him when you dump the bucket. A driver that doesn't back in right will get his check at the end of the day unless he pulls some **** like trying to upset you, he will go down the road right then..... Try loading a 150- 200 loads a shift with a bunch of 100 ton trucks you don't have time to fool around you don't have Time to see where the back end is. Those big loaders don't have a throttle, brake or a steering wheel...... jim

/ Here's to a more articulated new year! #33  
   / Here's to a more articulated new year! #34  
I worked at Oshkosh Truck. They built a fire truck for the military, off road. It was "articulated" in 2 spots. Quite the drive train!

/ Here's to a more articulated new year! #35  
I worked at Oshkosh Truck. They built a fire truck for the military, off road. It was "articulated" in 2 spots. Quite the drive train!

That sounds like a cool truck
i always liked the articulated Landmaster design It articulated in 2 planes
The wheel assemblies had the ability to rotate over rough ground
somewhat amphibious to
the tristar could be the drive in water
The 'tri-star' wheel arrangement was developed by Lockheed and patented in the 1960's.

Last edited:
   / Here's to a more articulated new year!
As I've mentioned before, the first articulated machine I drove was a Wheelhorse Airhorse aircraft tug. I found a video of one exactly like the one I drove. Heck, the guy says he bought it in Valparaiso, Indiana, so who knows, it may have been bought from South Bend and I could have driven it. We had two of them. Anyhow neat machine for moving aircraft. You scooped up the nose wheel and off you go. It also had fork attachments for specific aircraft with dual nose wheels, like a Mitsubishi MU-2. And a hitch attachment for other plane specific tow bars. I recall towing Beech 18s and DC3s. Incredible power from, as I recall, a Sundstrand pump.

/ Here's to a more articulated new year! #38  
Neat little machine

/ Here's to a more articulated new year! #39  
All grown Up?

Neat machine B-U-T

Something seems Fishy with the FEL specs posted on that machine It weighs 3200 and FEL lifts 3300? and it telescopes to.

Lets see It lift the advertised weight and then telescope I bet it would land on it's nose.

Oh found this at their site:

(*) Itç—´ the maximum load that can be lifted just off the ground when the machine is straight, with backweights and on firm, level ground. Boom not extended. Weight of attachment included, the tipping load is the value indicated minus the weight of the attachment.

Mmm they make several sizes of these the 9 series is a bit bigger

Give me an Old Versatile instead:D

1983 Versatile 160 Bidirectional w/DeWeze Bale Mover - YouTube

That is a nice machine. A retiring farmer in NJ had a similar unit in Ford/NH blue. Only wanted $18,000 for it, but it was $17,999 more than I had at the time. :laughing:
Ultimate Swiss Army knife, but lots of hydraulic hoses to maintain.

/ Here's to a more articulated new year! #40  
As I've mentioned before, the first articulated machine I drove was a Wheelhorse Airhorse aircraft tug. I found a video of one exactly like the one I drove. Heck, the guy says he bought it in Valparaiso, Indiana, so who knows, it may have been bought from South Bend and I could have driven it. We had two of them. Anyhow neat machine for moving aircraft. You scooped up the nose wheel and off you go. It also had fork attachments for specific aircraft with dual nose wheels, like a Mitsubishi MU-2. And a hitch attachment for other plane specific tow bars. I recall towing Beech 18s and DC3s. Incredible power from, as I recall, a Sundstrand pump.

That is neat, friend bought an old American Coleman tug- but it was not articulated-It sure did have plenty of power with a 318 Chrysler engine.
Had all wheel drive AND all wheel steering Very similar to this one

https://i0.wp.com/www.grooshsgarage.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/57-14.jpg