Here's to a more articulated new year!

/ Here's to a more articulated new year!
Nice beast! :thumbsup:

We had an old military tug, probably from the 40's, with a 4 cyl engine and manual transmission. The rear fenders looked like they dug curved shapes in the sand and poured in molten steel. It was about as large as a standard Jeep, but weighed 10,000. The engine died. Our mechanic went to a junkyard and got a used Chevy 350 and TH350 tranny. We spent a couple days wedging it in and making custom headers out of square tubing and pipe. It was a real cobbled up job. :laughing: Then for fun we put in a tilt steering wheel out of a Buick. :laughing:

That thing would move a 727 no problem. I wish I had taken pictures of it, but that was 40 years ago.

/ Here's to a more articulated new year! #42  
I never ceased to be amazed at what good mechanics can build.

Thanks for sharing.

All the best,

Peter

Nice beast! :thumbsup:

We had an old military tug, probably from the 40's, with a 4 cyl engine and manual transmission. The rear fenders looked like they dug curved shapes in the sand and poured in molten steel. It was about as large as a standard Jeep, but weighed 10,000. The engine died. Our mechanic went to a junkyard and got a used Chevy 350 and TH350 tranny. We spent a couple days wedging it in and making custom headers out of square tubing and pipe. It was a real cobbled up job. :laughing: Then for fun we put in a tilt steering wheel out of a Buick. :laughing:

That thing would move a 727 no problem. I wish I had taken pictures of it, but that was 40 years ago.

I think the rear differential was something like 27:1. In drive it had a top speed of about 8mph.

But it wasn't articulated, so that goes in the negative column. :laughing:

How about an LT-6540?

0B699478-BF86-4735-B34B-65FB1E8CD65D.jpeg

/ Here's to a more articulated new year! #45  
Saw this Craigslist ad:

For sale; 2015 SL840P multi one articulated loader. 38 hp Yanmar diesel engine with 852 hrs. Telescoping boom and self leveling bucket, 4wd with torque divider( position traction) . Hyrdrostatic, 2 speed transmission, joystick controls, low/high flow hydraulics, quick multi connector, great visibility, easy access. 3300lb lifting capacity, 4850lb max hydraulic lifting power, 3200lb machine weight. Adapter plate that fits other skid steer attachments. 60 bucket shown included.

Great loader, runs and operates like new. Always stored inside, regular maintenance.
I also have a stump grinder for the machine that I will also sell. $28,900.00

Is this what a Power Trac would be when it's all growed up?

Nice pretty picture on perfectly level ground, lets see how it does working on hills. If you intend to run high HP implements, you should check with the manufacturer on the hydraulic cooling capabilities, I would bet you will get surprised on on little it has.