Hesston 530 Baler info needed...

/ Hesston 530 Baler info needed... #11  
I wanted to update this thread with a recent issue i had and diagnosed with my Case IH 8430/Hesston 540 baler, which has the same twine cutting mechanism. My twine cutting issues increased gradually to the point where it was only working on about 10% of the bales. I tried sharpening the knife, adjusting the cutter, and finally a new knife. Nothing helped. While baling yesterday, the shear bolt broke on my hydraulic twine arm. When i went to replace the bolt, I could tell the old shear bolt had been loose for some time. A new shear bolt cured my problem. Obviously the old bolt being loose allowed just enough play that the knife could not contact the anvil/cutting table precisely enough to do the job. Prior to this happening, I HAD looked at the shear bolt thinking it may have been loose; however, I guess the pressure being exerted from the hydraulic cylinder to the arm was just enough to disguise the fact that the bolt was not tight. Hopefully this helps someone in the future.

/ Hesston 530 Baler info needed... #12  
I'm having problems with mine,.. it will only make about a 48" bale, not the 54" that it should even if you keep going until the pick up stops picking up hay. any advise on thi issue? thanks