Hey Bear, unbelievable!

/ Hey Bear, unbelievable! #11  
Screens are bad….says I…. who typed this declaration on a screen. Go figure.

Yet, I’m fully convinced parents who warehouse there kids in front of a screen so the kid will be passive (giving time for parents to stare at their own screens too), is a terrible thing for humanity.

I wouldn’t be surprised if it wasn’t linked to the epidemic levels of autism we seen. I don’t think it’s just better identified through testing.

/ Hey Bear, unbelievable! #12  
I do get more done when away from TV, Internet and Phone... don't have any of these at the house in Washington when I stay to turn over... it actually is a positive and what I do need I can access when I go into town...

Funny when the 3 year old can show grandma how to turn on a favorite program or the house security system...

They really are little sponges when it comes to learning at that age...

/ Hey Bear, unbelievable! #13  
I do get more done when away from TV, Internet and Phone... don't have any of these at the house in Washington when I stay to turn over... it actually is a positive and what I do need I can access when I go into town...

Funny when the 3 year old can show grandma how to turn on a favorite program or the house security system...

They really are little sponges when it comes to learning at that age...
Gotta watch what you say and what you do with a little one running around

I started growling at idiots on the road trying to tamp down my road rage with him in the truck.

We're going through Sam's club and someone was in our way.

He started growling

Grandma dropped something one day at the house and said sh$t without thinking.

Guess who had to tell our daughter that he learned a new word today and was very proud of himself

/ Hey Bear, unbelievable! #14  
True... I was one repeating words from the old trucker down the road... he had a language all his own and mixed in lots of words I just repeated...

Grandma said when I'm a truck driver and that old I can say them too... her way of dealing with the issue...

/ Hey Bear, unbelievable!
That's a shame about her being so sick, but it's cute that she is so entertained by something we'd find... at best, boring.

Thank you for your concern. She has rounded the corner so to speak. Much better, very little coughing, smiling all the time. Has started rolling over since we kept her three days ago. And I had her sitting up by herself for about a half minute Thursday.

She has been the easiest of our five grands to take care of. Only time she cries is when she is hangry (hungry and angry). I told my wife that she is liable to be a ring tailed doozy when she hits the terrible twos.

RSKY

/ Hey Bear, unbelievable! #16  
Thank you for your concern. She has rounded the corner so to speak. Much better, very little coughing, smiling all the time. Has started rolling over since we kept her three days ago. And I had her sitting up by herself for about a half minute Thursday.

She has been the easiest of our five grands to take care of. Only time she cries is when she is hangry (hungry and angry). I told my wife that she is liable to be a ring tailed doozy when she hits the terrible twos.

RSKY
Have you considered teaching her baby sign language? It helps a lot of kids not have terrible twos, when their brains are functioning better than their motor coordination for speech. (YMMV, but it is pretty amazing to watch how much can be communicated both ways with a non-verbal toddler.)

All the best,

Peter

Last edited:
   / Hey Bear, unbelievable! #18  
Cocomelon, trash, truck, the Mims (minions), cars, and a few other movies.

He gets at our place, he wants to go "Hiking"

Which won't be bad once we invest in a tractor and brush hog

Until then, hiking around the property is a hard no. Way too many stickers, briers, and poison ivy that he can get under, but allow granny and I to get tore up

/ Hey Bear, unbelievable! #19  
Screens are bad….says I…. who typed this declaration on a screen. Go figure.

Yet, I’m fully convinced parents who warehouse there kids in front of a screen so the kid will be passive (giving time for parents to stare at their own screens too), is a terrible thing for humanity.

I wouldn’t be surprised if it wasn’t linked to the epidemic levels of autism we seen. I don’t think it’s just better identified through testing.
Uuuuuh Yup! I have a good friend who raised his kids on the Nintendo hand held thing, don't know what it is called back in the early 2000s. One of his sons is now seriously mentally impaired to the point he cannot get/hold a job and lives with dad/mom. The "Brain Balance" facility he took him to said that he did not develop the side of his brain that allows him to have the cognitive function to deal with every day life. He should have had more tactile, playing outside in the dirt with his hands etc. to develop that side of his mind.

I went to lunch with my friend about a year ago and his son called and texted him several times. He cannot really leave him for very long. Literally like having a 6 year old. It was sad. My friend knows he screwed up but tough to put that genie back in the bottle.

I remember going to Red White and boom in Columbus with our families and his 4 kids spent the entire time on their Nintendo hand held devices. My sons felt completely ignored. I still feel bad for him and his son.