Hey Knucklehead

/ Hey Knucklehead #1  

Mike_Dumond

Gold Member
Tractor
B6100D Kubota
In another post, (which I didn't want to clutter with this), you said <font color="blue"> we always go over where I will be, and I leave my pack, </font> <font color="red"> snowshoes,</font> <font color="blue"> and tools out a little in plain sight </font>

Just which part of Maine do you live in???? We ain't had snow up here for a few weeks now /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Hey Knucklehead #2  
I KNEW that would raise an eyebrow! I was cutting late last year after those two 12+" storms we got down here (near Augusta), and early this year - finished up just after we went in to Iraq. I plan to do next year's wood this Fall, but I don't want to frig up the hunting, either.

I kept looking behind me out there - just had a feeling - always from the same area. Heard a couple cracks in that direction, too, but there's a lot of dead hanging ice storm wood still. Last week my neighbors told me their kids who live up where I'm cutting had a black bear in their driveway. I think I got a cutting buddy I haven't met yet. The guy they bought the last chunk from (120 acres) is getting the spruce & fir out for lumber, so they'll be stirring it up in there for a while. I think he's got them yarding some hardwood that's in the way, too, so maybe this Fall will be all clean fun work without the dropping & dragging.

Yeah - I heard you lost the snowbanks - quite a lot left in the woods, though, huh?.