Hi all, first tractor and a few questions

/ Hi all, first tractor and a few questions #11  
Welcome to TBN. I have a M6800 which your tractor replaced if not mistaken. I have been very pleased with mine. Bought mine in 1999 I think, at latest it was 2000 for my father in law sat on it once only and he passed Nov of 2000. I still have only about 1300 hours on it. You probably have enough weight you can use a good side mount or smaller boom mower on it or especially a flail mower that will shift to the side to help cut the trails past the wheels.

If you did not get the manual with it Kubota did have them on their web site. Get one and read it. A lot of valuable info in it. Also some great videos on youtube but also some junk.

/ Hi all, first tractor and a few questions #12  
Good on the new projects - Rob. Think LONG & HARD - seek advice - before you start purchasing new implements. The M7040, like my M6040, uses Class 2 implements. They are not cheap but, properly cared for, will last a lifetime.

AND - your local doctor can help get that silly grin off you face. 😊

/ Hi all, first tractor and a few questions #13  
My M6040. The "inspector general - brown Cocker Spaniel" - has just put his stamp of approval on the tires.

Beyond basic tractor - FEL with Land Pride grapple - WR Long third function valving - Rim Guard loaded rear tires - Rhino 950 8 foot rear blade - Fit Rite hydraulic top link. Total unit weight - 10,100#.
IMG_0005.jpeg

/ Hi all, first tractor and a few questions #14  
Great find. Here’s a short thread on OTT about the M7040. Make sure to join OTT you’ll find a lot of info there along with here on TBN.

M7040 vs M7060

AND, welcome fellow Michigander! That area you live in is beautiful.

/ Hi all, first tractor and a few questions #15  
Good on the new projects - Rob. Think LONG & HARD - seek advice - before you start purchasing new implements. The M7040, like my M6040, uses Class 2 implements. They are not cheap but, properly cared for, will last a lifetime.

I have a Category II 3pt hitch on both our larger tractor. You can use lighter weight Cat I implements on a Cat II hitch by simply using inexpensive adapter bushings...but you have to be careful not to tear up the lighter equipment. That's worth knowing, as Oosik says Cat I implements are much less expensive. The one place I would spend real money on a Cat II implement is on an heavy duty 8 foot 6-way back blade with end caps and leveler skids or trailing wheels if possible. The end caps enable a back blade to do most of the work of a box blade and more. Trailing wheels may or may not be an advantage - or even worth having - depending on your skill with a 3pt hitch.
There's no substitute for weight on a back blade get as heavy as you can.

Since your M7060 is the same years 2007-2012 as our M59, it probably/might?? have the same Tier IV Interim EGR equipment for engine emissions control.
The shop manual has a very complete chapter on how Kubota's take on an EGR system operates. The manual is worth buying for that alone.

I know you just spent a lot of money, but now is a good time to take a look at the options still available for your tractor.
That's a tractor you may own the rest of your life, and things like front hydraulic remote kits, factory shop manuals, and hood protectors tend to be available for a decade after a model run and rare after that.
Messick's website has good parts catalogues which might show some of the options too.
Congrats again,
rScotty

/ Hi all, first tractor and a few questions #16  

How would he do that... by taking the OP's new tractor home with him? :D