High cost of fuel caused by buying foreign shoes

/ High cost of fuel caused by buying foreign shoes #1  

coffeeman

Platinum Member
Since I have nothing better to do tonight, except watch Oscars, I've been thinking.

Buying foreign products saves us $$ at first. We get inferior products while enriching the foreign producers and workers. Suddenly these foreign folks gain new wealth. Now they get a good pay and what do they want? Cars. They run out and buy all kinds of cars, thus hogging up all the surplus oil and causing my gasoline to increase more than double in price. How in the world am I going to afford to drive my all wheel drive Jeep 30 miles round trip to mall to buy those cheap shoes. So the cost of my cheap "made in China" shoes is about $100 a week in extra cost of fuel to run my cars. Of course, I pay extra to get my oranges and lettuce because of fuel costs. We could go on and on here with this thought. SO... with the cost of everything tied to fuel costs we might guess the fuel charges are costing me 10 - 15 thousand $$$ extra a year because I bought those darn foreign shoes.

I post with a smile. However, something to think about.

Cheers....Coffeeman

/ High cost of fuel caused by buying foreign shoes #2  
I've been noticing the gasoline prices around here creeping back up. Was around $2 a gallon last month, but I guess with spring break upon us, they want to get a little extra profit (since they couldn't use the hurricane threat). I paid $2.29 on the way to work yesterday.

/ High cost of fuel caused by buying foreign shoes #3  
Gas will likely be at or above $3 by june 1.

/ High cost of fuel caused by buying foreign shoes #4  
I never posted this cause i thought it was common sense, especially after steel prices skyrocketed making our cars cost more (or at least car part suppliers to lose money and lay off people).