High fuel cost and wood

/ High fuel cost and wood #1  

Hoobie

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota mx5100 Ford 641
Everyone is seeing rocketing fuel costs I guess. Here diesel has gone to $ 2.10 per litre Canadian. That translates to $6.72 per US gallon if I am right on my calculation. Highest ever seen.
My necessary work I will just have to absorb the cost. But I also produce a modest amount of firewood I sell to the neighbourhood. I will have to jack my price but hate to. Been checking the market and so far no one is moving from last year price which has been steady for a few years. And we don't know if the fuel cost will return back down soon.
Just wondering how everyone is handling these times and how price is affecting you. Wood or anytinng else.

/ High fuel cost and wood #2  
I just did my monthly account reconciliation and found I spent more on fuel last month than food for my family of six....and I didn't buy any fuel for farm equipment. Something has gotta give. I commute to work on a motorcycle so it's not like I'm throwing fuel in the truck everyday or anything extreme. Canada and the US both have a lot of oil sitting there for the taking, there's no reason not to take more of it until other technologies are mature enough to fulfill transportation and work needs.

/ High fuel cost and wood #3  
I just did my monthly account reconciliation and found I spent more on fuel last month than food for my family of six....and I didn't buy any fuel for farm equipment. Something has gotta give. I commute to work on a motorcycle so it's not like I'm throwing fuel in the truck everyday or anything extreme. Canada and the US both have a lot of oil sitting there for the taking, there's no reason not to take more of it until other technologies are mature enough to fulfill transportation and work needs.

Yeah it really sucks how were having it stuck to us right now. So unnecessary.

Next up is food prices. You wont believe whats going to happen with meats, produce & wheat/corn based foods. This summer you’ll pay double for food.

Hang on to your hats, “the great reset” is about to blow into town and empty your bank accounts.

Good thing is “age 50 is the new age 30“ so you can work an extra 20 years to retire with enough to make sure your children don’t inherit your debt. :sneaky:

/ High fuel cost and wood #4  
Working man and woman indeed feeling squeeze pinch at the pumps etc. and will effect home budget.
Folks sell firewood in our area has already start raising cord wood $25-$35 more plus and mileage over certain distance
OTR diesel $4.98...gallon gas $4.19.

/ High fuel cost and wood #5  
The economy moves on diesel. From the time that a farmer plants his seed to when it hits the grocery store, everything is moved with diesel horsepower. Even MR EV himself, Elon Musk said that we can't sustain these prices.

Something has to change or the economy could be in for a correction like most of us have never seen.

/ High fuel cost and wood #6  
The economy moves on diesel. From the time that a farmer plants his seed to when it hits the grocery store, everything is moved with diesel horsepower. Even MR EV himself, Elon Musk said that we can't sustain these prices.

Something has to change or the economy could be in for a correction like most of us have never seen.
I hated that dude until last year, suddenly he's making a lot of sense in the things he says. I must be getting senile.

/ High fuel cost and wood #7  
Cannot afford to sell my firewood... Prolly double or triple my heating bill between house and shop, main source of heat and have had zero supply chain issues with it also.

Whole predicament sucks a big hairy basket of rotten eggs.... Frustrating it is.

/ High fuel cost and wood #8  
I just did my last oil fill for this heating season, $4.19/gallon. The first fill this season was $2.49/gallon. Unleaded gas is $4.39, diesel is $4.89.

/ High fuel cost and wood #9  
I hated that dude until last year, suddenly he's making a lot of sense in the things he says. I must be getting senile.
I feel the same way. Maybe he does have a clue, after all.