high gear paved road

/ high gear paved road #31  
Yeah, HST's aren't the greatest in high range. I borrowed my neighbors turbo 55hp gear utility tractor and it felt like a race car on the road! It also feels like a driving a racecar when unloading round bales off the wagon with its 8x8 unsynchronized transmission... grinding gears back and forth between reverse and forward got old pretty fast! My tractor is literally twice as fast doing that job.
Just takes practice and brakes

/ high gear paved road #32  
When I compare CVT and gear tractor options on 125-150 HP tractors, CVT models consistently pull more and make more drawbar HP than powershift versions. When equipped with a front suspension, the also have higher road speed.

Example:

/ high gear paved road #33  
When I compare CVT and gear tractor options on 125-150 HP tractors, CVT models consistently pull more and make more drawbar HP than powershift versions. When equipped with a front suspension, the also have higher road speed.
Why would that be? Seems like a powershift would be all mechanically connected whereas a CVT has a hydrostat in the works. Just asking.

/ high gear paved road #34  
Why would that be? Seems like a powershift would be all mechanically connected whereas a CVT has a hydrostat in the works. Just asking.
I know, I dont understand it either.
It works that way through a lot of the AGCO line.

Heres an AGCO house brand with same results, has different motor

Might be the Fendt CVT has some great pulling power?

The road speed being higher is probably because the CVT models have an available quad link front suspension that allows another 6-8 MPH because its got better handling. In other words, the power shift is mechanically limited for speed.

But the higher drawbar HP and pulling power of a CVT over the mechanical powershift I cannot explain.

/ high gear paved road #35