Elite Member
Tractor
Ford 2120 , Kubota MX5200 , Deere X748SE. 1956 Economy Tractor
2 man operation. Work Cage on forks

Much better than ladder

Andy IMG_7632.JPG

/ High Hedge Trimming #2  
Very nice,Andy.

I was hedge trimming today also! Not as impressive or safe as your set up.

One man op using forklift with pallet on 7 foot forks.

IMG_7048.JPG

IMG_7060.JPG

IMG_7059.JPG

/ High Hedge Trimming #3  
The safety police are coming:). My pallet forks should be delivered his week and I plan to build a man basket to trim trees and tear down a 100 year old barn.

/ High Hedge Trimming #4  
I have a basket I built but was too lazy to retrieve it from the other end of the farm.

Here’s a pic using it to change a light bulb.

IMG_6744.JPG

/ High Hedge Trimming #5  
The safety police are coming:). My pallet forks should be delivered his week and I plan to build a man basket to trim trees and tear down a 100 year old barn.

They can flame all they want but using a sturdy pallet without a railing is still better than a ladder. A proper cage in a loader is leaps and bounds better.

/ High Hedge Trimming #6  
They can flame all they want but using a sturdy pallet without a railing is still better than a ladder. A proper cage in a loader is leaps and bounds better.

Agreed! I could have used the caged basket but it’s difficult to maneuver a long gas powered hedge trimmer with the railings in the way.

Ladders suck.

/ High Hedge Trimming #7  
I prefer a boom mower, but that is just me.

/ High Hedge Trimming #8  
I do the same thing. Pictures posted before. Cage from a tote, set on a carry all attached to the FEL. Works fine for me. Then use a hedge trimmer with a long reach extension.

Hedges have gotten too thick though and the trimmers are having a hard time cutting branches. Plan for before next Spring is to cut them all down to about 3-4 foot so they'll grow back dense but with less thick branches.

/ High Hedge Trimming #9  
Seeing the picture of the telehandler, are they certified for use as a man lift? Reason for asking is a few weeks back we had 2 guys in a platform on a telehandler trimming trees. The investigators measured their working height at 30 feet when it rolled. The 63 year old was killed in the fall and the 77 year old was air-lifted to Mayo in critical condition. The 38 year old son of the 63 year old was operator, suffered non-life threatening injuries. Is it just being extended too high? Are they certified for use lifting people? Oh, yes, I have been known to use a heavy pallet on the forks of my large tractor as a work platform but never rode the pallet.

/ High Hedge Trimming #10  
Seeing the picture of the telehandler, are they certified for use as a man lift? Reason for asking is a few weeks back we had 2 guys in a platform on a telehandler trimming trees. The investigators measured their working height at 30 feet when it rolled. The 63 year old was killed in the fall and the 77 year old was air-lifted to Mayo in critical condition. The 38 year old son of the 63 year old was operator, suffered non-life threatening injuries. Is it just being extended too high? Are they certified for use lifting people? Oh, yes, I have been known to use a heavy pallet on the forks of my large tractor as a work platform but never rode the pallet.

I don’t know the answer to this but if I had to guess I’d say no.