High Mileage class of Motor Oils

/ High Mileage class of Motor Oils #41  
I have a vehicle to get around in and to work. I bought a $900 ford ranger from my father in law (was forfieted to his shop) when i was in college in say 2002. It is a 1990. It had 150K on it then and now has just shy of 300K on it now. I have it when i need a truck that size. I drive a 1996 saturn daily that we had when we bought the wife an 01 highlander a few years back. The car was worth so little but was in perfect mecanical shape and got 30+ mpg we kept it. Say 3 years later i have 225k miles on it and have saved thousands in gas and tires since i swithed out of the ranger into it. I commute 50 miles a day which is not long but it adds up. There is a guy here at work who is not much older than me, but he thinks a vehicle is unreliable once it hits 80k miles!! He is in his late 30s, but i did say to him and his wife that this is not 1975 anymore vehicles will run to 300k with maintence pretty reliably. When dicussing that fact with his wife i said i have a ranger that has 300k on it and a saturn with 225k on it, i would have no hesitation driving to alabama or missippi in them today if i wnated too. Her eyes got huge and was like really! I said yea, why would i not? There in fine shape, i have towing on my insurance if i break down i break down, i dont go through like worring about everything.

/ High Mileage class of Motor Oils #42  
clemsonfor said:
I have a vehicle to get around in and to work. I bought a $900 ford ranger from my father in law (was forfieted to his shop) when i was in college in say 2002. It is a 1990. It had 150K on it then and now has just shy of 300K on it now. I have it when i need a truck that size. I drive a 1996 saturn daily that we had when we bought the wife an 01 highlander a few years back. The car was worth so little but was in perfect mecanical shape and got 30+ mpg we kept it. Say 3 years later i have 225k miles on it and have saved thousands in gas and tires since i swithed out of the ranger into it. I commute 50 miles a day which is not long but it adds up. There is a guy here at work who is not much older than me, but he thinks a vehicle is unreliable once it hits 80k miles!! He is in his late 30s, but i did say to him and his wife that this is not 1975 anymore vehicles will run to 300k with maintence pretty reliably. When dicussing that fact with his wife i said i have a ranger that has 300k on it and a saturn with 225k on it, i would have no hesitation driving to alabama or missippi in them today if i wnated too. Her eyes got huge and was like really! I said yea, why would i not? There in fine shape, i have towing on my insurance if i break down i break down, i dont go through like worring about everything.

I like your way of thinking. I am tied up in 2 car notes right now and hate it. We had 2 vehicles that were worn out at the same time. Never again.