Higher Top Speed?

/ Higher Top Speed? #1  

High Compression

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L5740-3/ Kubota ZD21 pro60
Hey fellow tractor enthusiast. Got a question. Does anyone know of a way to increase mph on my B3030 Hydro? I tried to see if I could get some out of adjusting the linkage, but to no avail. I know, Why do I need to go faster? Well I live in a small town and push a lot of snow in the winter. Trailering is kind of a waste and a bigger tractor won't fit. Soooooo.... Help. Thanks:)

/ Higher Top Speed? #2  
Bigger wheels and tyres;)

No I'm not serious but it's about the only idea I've come up with for my Kub B5100E gear drive.

Be interested to see if anybody has a simpler workable solution.

/ Higher Top Speed? #3  
As in hobby cars, to increase speed you must change drive train components. I don't think this is very practical from an engineering or cost perspective for your tractor.

If you need to be in multiple locations, it seems your best approach is to either trailer or have multiple tractors. I view trailering as the lesser of the two waste of resources.

/ Higher Top Speed? #4  
1) Buy a different tractor with a higher road speed.
2) Mount a 2 or 3-speed gear box between the engine and HST.

Roy

/ Higher Top Speed? #5  
I am not sure what other tractor he can get in that size class that would be any faster. 12mph seems to the about the top speed of any of the Kubotas in the B series. Does another maker have a higher speed?

/ Higher Top Speed?
That is what I was afraid of. It's not terrible, but slightly annoying. Thanks to all for your input. I was hoping for an adjustment, but maybe I just need to slow down and enjoy life and my tractor.

/ Higher Top Speed? #7  
That is what I was afraid of. It's not terrible, but slightly annoying. Thanks to all for your input. I was hoping for an adjustment, but maybe I just need to slow down and enjoy life and my tractor.

Probably your best bet...
Unless you want to get into the gearbox and put a taller top gear, larger diameter tires are about your best bet.
That, or use a truck/plow rig.

Frankly, tractors are great for drives and local (to the tractor owner) roads, not so hot for commercial snow removal due to the slow road speeds.

Of course, this tractor has a pretty good road gear. He's moving right along (in Germany).

/ Higher Top Speed? #8  
Unless you want to get into the gearbox and put a taller top gear, larger diameter tires are about your best bet.

Frankly, tractors are great for drives and local (to the tractor owner) roads, not so hot for commercial snow removal due to the slow road speeds.

Of course, this tractor has a pretty good road gear. He's moving right along (in Germany).

...what is all that white stuff all over the place!:D glad I don`t have to deal with that.

/ Higher Top Speed? #9  
Nice video, Roy. They use big tractors with huge 20+ feet wide double wing plows around here for plowing parking lots at malls and factorys. For roads the county uses tandem axle dump trucks with right side only wing plows on the front and belly plows underneath. With a salt/sand spreader in the box the roads get cleared pretty fast. Maybe the small towns in Germany contract the snow plowing out to private companies. I can't think of a reason for a town to own a tractor like that for any other purpose than snow "ploughing". Probably a farmer putting his tractor to use in the winter. Nice set of chains on that rig, too.

/ Higher Top Speed? #10  

D@mn that guy's obviously an experienced snow plow driver, I mean watch
how close he gets to those fence's. He's good! Nice looking area too, I can
just picture that place all green with grass in the summer.