Highway Products vs Weatherguard tool boxes

/ Highway Products vs Weatherguard tool boxes #1  

Marek

Silver Member
Looking for information from anyone who has compaired the weather guard tool box to highway products boxes ? Looking to add aluminum boxes to my Eby aluminum flatbed truck. Also does anyone know of a pull out drawer system for upright truck boxs

/ Highway Products vs Weatherguard tool boxes #2  
What kind of boxes are you looking for? I just bought some for my flatbed also so I can share my experiences. I went with the Brute boxes for mine.

/ Highway Products vs Weatherguard tool boxes
24x24 x72 with double drop doors. I think the brute aluminum boss are made by highway also. Do you compare them with weatherguard ?

/ Highway Products vs Weatherguard tool boxes #4  
This is what I bought:

TB400-96D-BDtruck.jpg

These guys have the best pricing I have seen:
http://www.pickupspecialties.com/toolboxes/flat_bed_tool_boxes_high_capacity.html

They have pull-out drawers and come in different sizes. I went with a 96" with drawers. This is the only box I could find made for a flat-bed that was close to what I was looking for.

The box measures 20" deep. You won't find hardly any tool-boxes that measure that deep. Most measure 12" and a few go up to 16-18". It really gives a lot of room. I don't care for the gull-wing top door as it ends up being about "face high" when it's open and I kinda have to duck to see inside, but it does have a lot of room. The box isn't quite as beefy as I expected but seems to be suitable.

Do the boxes stay dry inside? That is my first/second concern next to being well built

/ Highway Products vs Weatherguard tool boxes #6  
I just realized you are looking for the undermount style. I was thinking top-mount.

My Brute boxes seem to be fairly well sealed but I keep my truck inside so I'm not sure how weather tight they are. I haven't seen any evidence of water intrusion. The only thing I don't like about the brute is they are not nearly as beefy as the name implies, the metal is much thinner than expected.

Actually looking to do similar boxes to what you have on the top side of the bed. My underbody eby boxes do get moist inside

Another that looks nice but have never seen in person is American truck boxes aluminum box with drawers underneath

/ Highway Products vs Weatherguard tool boxes #9  
I have never heard of highway products but I have a Weather Guard and a Dee Zee. The Dee Zee is their compettior series. The Dee Zee has always stayed dry inside but the Weather guard is a way nicer box. It has a rubber seal on the lid and locks on both sides, and the lid is braced better. If you are going to be using the box everyday a Weather guard is the way to go.

I am partial to weatherguard also but would like to hear from someone who has or has seen anything else that would be comparable.