Highway robbery!

/ Highway robbery! #51  
The only way this changes is if government shrinks it's spending and or increases taxes. Austerity is the answer.

The formula is simple.

GDP = Private consumption + private investment + government investment + government spending + net exports (exports - imports).

We don't want to hamper the first three as that is an economy's engine. Net exports is hard deal with as it's better to have things made in places it's the cheapest to produce. That only leaves government spending, which they have never seen a problem that can't be fixed by throwing more money at it.
I thought this discussion was about private insurance. The primary factor that affects insurance is tort claims and settlements. Government spending doesn’t have much to do with astronomical jury awards or attorney fees.

/ Highway robbery! #52  
Could be a myriad of reasons. Age, driving record, etc.
In general, insurance rates are rising, now that everything costs more to replace.
Yeah, I was surprised to say the least.
Oddly, the one vehicle whose insurance DIDN'T go down was an antique car that I might drive 1000 miles a year, tops.

/ Highway robbery! #53  
I thought this discussion was about private insurance. The primary factor that affects insurance is tort claims and settlements. Government spending doesn’t have much to do with astronomical jury awards or attorney fees.

Tell us you don't understand insurance without telling us you don't know insurance. This couldn't be more wrong.

/ Highway robbery! #54  
Tell us you don't understand insurance without telling us you don't know insurance. This couldn't be more wrong.
I think not. Why do insurance rates increase every year even when inflation is low? Why are insurance companies constantly lobbying for tort reform?

Last edited:
   / Highway robbery! #55  
Why do insurance rates increase every year even when inflation is low?
Uninsured drivers and the coverage we have to carry because of them maybe? As for the whole Tort argument, too easy less time in a courtroom paying their legal teams. Or better yet hedging the bet against a trial and a jury verdict for a deserving plaintiff?