Hole in the Wall Buffet's and Restaurants

/ Hole in the Wall Buffet's and Restaurants #11  
When the Sysco and other wholesale food vender sales people get the closeout "fresh" food list on Thursday, for Friday delivery, they immediately call the buffet restaurants. The buffet customers, you and I, may be eating Friday's leftover fish, oysters, shrimp and chicken on Tuesday.

/ Hole in the Wall Buffet's and Restaurants #12  
We have a couple hole in the wall restaurants. El Rey taco shop, is very small, three tables, but they have a great salsa bar, and the burritos are massive, probably 50 things on the menu, very very good.
And Flappys pizza, huge slices like Sbarro in the mall, they have pizzas ready to eat by the slice, 10 draft beers on tap, and probably 20 different pizzas combos, like the chuck Norris, chicken and waffles, obi wan pepperoni, white trash, mighty meat etc. Plus other good meals if you don't want pizza. Any of the pizza's can be made into a calzone, burger, or on a bed of fries. Funny thing, if you get the Flappys logo tattoo to join the club it's a free 2 slice combo every week for life. Lol
Haven't been to a buffet in awhile, but always loved the Rio in Las Vegas seafood buffet, and the Paris buffet from around the world.

/ Hole in the Wall Buffet's and Restaurants #13  
Real sweet tea is made with simple syrup. The specifics are a closely held secret among aficionados.

Pizza Inn and CiCi's are chains around here that have buffet-style pizza. In the Northern Plains they have Pizza Ranch that has pizza and fried chicken in their buffet.
Simple Syrup is just 1:1 water:sugar

Personally do not like sweetened tea. Prefer to sweeten to taste myself. My Texas family swears by it, but I prefer Grandma's sun tea, often with no sugar.

/ Hole in the Wall Buffet's and Restaurants #15  
Won't eat buffets.

But, I love a great hole-in-the-wall restaurant. One of the more memorable ones was a BBQ joint in Austin, Tx. I'd have just walked by the place it looked so bad from outside. Some friends I was with said it was a must experience. Boy was I glad I followed their lead. Wish I could remember the name of it!

/ Hole in the Wall Buffet's and Restaurants #16  
This place is in the middle of no where but it is worth the drive.

Duck's Dam Diner ; 9685 SE Highway 464C. Ocklawaha, FL 32179

Other good ones.

Steph's Southern Soul Restaurant at 14519 5th St in Dade City, FL

A strange name but good food,

Kafe Kokopelli, 37940 Live Oak Ave, Dade City, FL 33523

Last edited:
   / Hole in the Wall Buffet's and Restaurants #17  
He owns the outfit that built your RV too.
Unless you consider an Outback an RV, not MY RV. Haha

Berkshire Hathaway...Buffett's biggest company... is the best example of an international conglomerate I can give students. They own most or all of many diverse brands that most people, even kids, have heard of. BNSF, Fruit of the Loom, GEICO, Duracell, Brooks (sportswear/shoes), Clayton Homes, ACME Brick, Benjamin Moore...just a sample of a few of his companies under BRK.

/ Hole in the Wall Buffet's and Restaurants #18  
Haven't been to a buffet in awhile, but always loved the Rio in Las Vegas seafood buffet, and the Paris buffet from around the world.
My 1st apartment in Vegas was a couple of blocks from the RIO (I remember it being built around '87-'88, iirc). Later, I had a job down the road and we would hit their breakfast buffet. Good memories of a much thinner me!

/ Hole in the Wall Buffet's and Restaurants #19  
Unless you consider an Outback an RV, not MY RV. Haha

Berkshire Hathaway...Buffett's biggest company... is the best example of an international conglomerate I can give students. They own most or all of many diverse brands that most people, even kids, have heard of. BNSF, Fruit of the Loom, GEICO, Duracell, Brooks (sportswear/shoes), Clayton Homes, ACME Brick, Benjamin Moore...just a sample of a few of his companies under BRK.
Why I have and buy stock in Berkshire Hathaway. Good stable investment.

/ Hole in the Wall Buffet's and Restaurants #20  
Back on topic... My wife and I have found that diners off the beaten path usually have the best meals at the best prices. We don't do 'fast food' places as a rule but prefer seeking out 'mom and pop' places to eat while on a trip anywhere.