Home Made Attachments That Failed

/ Home Made Attachments That Failed #1  

BobRip

Elite Member
Tractor
2000 Power Trac 422
Everyone talks about their successes and that's good. But, we can learn a lot from the failures and the not so good stuff. So, let's hear about your home made attachments that did not work out too well.

I cannot find the pictures of my failed attachment at this time. It was a ditch cleaner scoop that goes on the 2 inch receiver and fills up with dirt so much you only get one use and then it needs cleaning bad.

/ Home Made Attachments That Failed #2  
I also don't have pix, but my rake failed at least as badly as the PT factory rake. Mine was a lot cheaper, though...

For anybody who thinks a rake is a good idea: It'll need to be pretty heavy to stay on the ground in float, and it will only be usable in reverse unless you add wheels out front and keep the tines from digging into the ground.

/ Home Made Attachments That Failed #3  
I built this... Basically the backhoe I got included a boom pole. I found a hay rake out in the steel pile and decided to weld this up,. The idea was to use it to reach down steep ravines and pull out blackberry bushes (knock them down, spray the heck out of the remainder). Well, didn't realize the tremendous force that could be put on this rig... It snapped off down a major ravine. Took me at least 4 hours trying to get it back up..... (The head snapped off, everything else held on)

Attachments

• IMG_4496.JPG
    IMG_4496.JPG
    745.3 KB · Views: 442
  • IMG_4497.JPG
    IMG_4497.JPG
    708.3 KB · Views: 445
   / Home Made Attachments That Failed #6  
I have one that might fail. I haven't tried in yet. Just got it made. Let痴 see if anyone can figure out what it is for. I will try it out in the next few days and let you know what it is for and whether or not or how well it works. So how well do you know your PT? What will this be used for????

Attachments

• DSCF2775.jpg
    DSCF2775.jpg
    870.6 KB · Views: 305
   / Home Made Attachments That Failed #7  
Sorry, I did not remember that.

It may have been discussed in other parts of TBN, but I don't think it has been discussed concerning Power Tracs and their UNIQUE attachments, so don't apologize and please continue the discussion. ;)

P.S. Can we include not finished projects like my backhoe? :D

/ Home Made Attachments That Failed #8  
I have one that might fail. I haven't tried in yet. Just got it made. Let痴 see if anyone can figure out what it is for. I will try it out in the next few days and let you know what it is for and whether or not or how well it works. So how well do you know your PT? What will this be used for????

A release tool for hose couplings under pressure?

/ Home Made Attachments That Failed #9  
I thought it was a poor mans fifth wheel hitch to move around a fifth wheel with the PT....

/ Home Made Attachments That Failed #10  
Sorry, I did not remember that.
That's ok I just thot ya might want to do a search and run across even more info.

It may have been discussed in other parts of TBN, but I don't think it has been discussed concerning Power Tracs and their UNIQUE attachments, 1*so don't apologize ;)
1*Didn't expect one.
Just figured He'd like all the info he could find.;)