Home remedies

/ Home remedies #11  
Father used to paint his Tonsils with Methiolate when he would get a sore throat.

/ Home remedies #12  
Another poison ivy remedy...take a bath with a handful of laundry detergent (Tide seems to work best). Added bonus, it gets rid of any tub ring you might have. :D

Toothpaste (not gel) helps with a bee sting.

/ Home remedies #13  
Mustard Plasters worked well for generations. They were used for aches and pains, colds and flu.

/ Home remedies #14  
For plugged sinuses or sinus infections mix horseradish root with apple cider vinegar and honey. This is HOT and will make your eyes water but it sure opens up those sinuses(Yes, you eat it).

/ Home remedies #15  
Ginger for nausea.
Soak a copper (pre-'59) penny in vinegar for fungus infections.
Nitroglycerine is handy for angina, but too much will give you a headache.
The world is full of herbal remedies. Some of them work.

/ Home remedies #17  
Ginger for nausea.
Soak a copper (pre-'59) penny in vinegar for fungus infections.
Nitroglycerine is handy for angina, but too much will give you a headache.
The world is full of herbal remedies. Some of them work.

Ginger helps with lots of stomach issues. You can get it in capsule form.

/ Home remedies #18  
For fungus on or behind your toenails, dry between your toes after you bathe or shower. No more fungus. These are really old remedies that work well for me.

Rub with alcohol works too as it will evaporate and leave it completely dry

/ Home remedies #19  
Rub with alcohol works too as it will evaporate and leave it completely dry

Both of these worked for me:

1. Juice from a green walnut will cure ringworm

2. Juice from an onion will stop the pain of a bee or wasp sting almost immediately.

/ Home remedies
A lot of the home remedies use the same mechanism as over the counter. Years ago my hands were covered with flat warts, and somebody told me to wash them in water which had been sitting for a while in a puddle on granite ledge. I ended up using compound W and it still took a long time to work as there was so much dead skin for it to work through. No doubt though, the standing water works because of the acidity absorbed from the granite.