Home weather station suggestions

/ Home weather station suggestions #1  

gsganzer

Elite Member
Tractor
L3800 w/FEL and BH77, BX 2200 w/FEL and MMM
My home weather station has quit working and I'm looking to replace it. My original was just a cheap-ish Accurite. Without going all out with a professional model, does anyone have a recommendation for a decent one?

I don't mind spending some money (up to maybe $300) if it will last a while.

/ Home weather station suggestions #3  
My Accurite "Atlas" has been trouble-free for the past 2 years. It replaced a cheaper Accurite that had been up for at least 15 years with no problems.

/ Home weather station suggestions #4  
I have a Vantage pro 2, and like it. My neighbor has a Tempest, and loves it. If I were in the market now, I would buy a Tempest, just because the rain gauge never needs cleaning. The accessories from Davis are pricey, though the product quality has been excellent and technical support top notch.

All the best,

Peter

Last edited:
   / Home weather station suggestions #5  
   / Home weather station suggestions #6  
I use the Accurite Iris with wifi connection so I can see the data on their app and feed the data to weather underground. I have 6 remote sensors in the family room, barn, garage, porch, chicken coop and basement plus lightning sensor. I really like the app and being able to monitor everything remotely.

/ Home weather station suggestions #7  
+1 on Weatherunderground, which is the reason that I bought a weather station in the first place.

All the best,

Peter

/ Home weather station suggestions #8  
I bought a Kalevol weather station. It has had some issues, but the manufacturer has been very helpful. They replaced the first unit based on my 2 star review on Amazon. I would not hesitate to buy another.

/ Home weather station suggestions #9  
+1 on the Davis Instruments equipment. I have the wireless Vantage Pro 2 which has been in service for almost 20 years. Cost a grand though.