Homemade fel attachments

/ Homemade fel attachments #1  

Decieved

Tractor
skoda
Hello all

I want to make my own bush cutter for my loader to clear the land around my small property and was hoping someone on here has experience with them.

I have added a picture of the type i intend to build.

I have 3 questions before finalizing my plans,

1. Cut height, distance between blade and bottom of cowl. What height do commercial ones run?

2. Rear deck, close, open , semiclosed?
The yellow one below seems closed but what happens if you cut a small tree wont the back get stuck when it reaches the stump?

3. Mount type, most i have seen seems to be stiffmounted. Anyone know how a float/flexible mount looks like? Should it be free in 2axis?

My cutter will be about 1400mm wide with 1300mm cut.
2 swinging blades.
Hydraulicly driven.
3mm steel deck. Diamond-ss-rotary_product-banner-1_promo_3000x2000-510x510.jpgIMG_20200907_101128.jpg

/ Homemade fel attachments #2  
Hello all

I want to make my own bush cutter for my loader to clear the land around my small property and was hoping someone on here has experience with them.

I have added a picture of the type i intend to build.

I have 3 questions before finalizing my plans,

1. Cut height, distance between blade and bottom of cowl. What height do commercial ones run?

2. Rear deck, close, open , semiclosed?
The yellow one below seems closed but what happens if you cut a small tree wont the back get stuck when it reaches the stump?

3. Mount type, most i have seen seems to be stiffmounted. Anyone know how a float/flexible mount looks like? Should it be free in 2axis?

My cutter will be about 1400mm wide with 1300mm cut.
2 swinging blades.
Hydraulicly driven.
3mm steel deck.View attachment 668903View attachment 668904

I have built one, but it is quite a bit different then what you are planning to build, as mine is more like a homemade feller buncher...

I would probably not make a machine like you pictured, but that is just me, and my opinion. If I was to make one of the design I would make it a 3 point hitch unit like the commercial versions, just because I think the design would be more robust being on the back instead of attached to a rather weak loader frame.

However I am not sold on that design anyway. i really like the simplicity, and size of tree that the Ultimate Tree Saw uses for a design. I would think a person could build one pretty easily, and be really productive with it.

But this is what my brush cutter is like. I like it only because I can cut the brush and then set it on my tractor and haul it away.

/ Homemade fel attachments #3  
A lot may depend on what you define as "cutting small trees".....

Nothing wrong with concept.... Its a just a brush cutter (brush hog) front mounted instead of 3PH mounted, and will use hydraulics instead of PTO shaft... Do not see any issues... IF you need height adjustment, make mount that pivots and use anti scalp wheels.... Biggest issue may be is tractor hydraulic system capable of GPM flow hydraulic motor may require... And ballast weight on rear to compensate for leveraged weight on FEL...

Dale