Homemade Hydrolic Brush Cutter/ Land Clearing attachment for Bobcat

/ Homemade Hydrolic Brush Cutter/ Land Clearing attachment for Bobcat #11  
Bush Hog/Brush Hog gear box ratios are close to 1 : 1 up to 1 : 2.

Some tractors may have more that one PTO speed.

/ Homemade Hydrolic Brush Cutter/ Land Clearing attachment for Bobcat
The gearbox I am using is a 1 to 1.92.

At 1100 rpm +/- any idea as to what to expect? power wise? will it take a while to spin up? Im a little nervious on this one.

/ Homemade Hydrolic Brush Cutter/ Land Clearing attachment for Bobcat #13  
If you think the rpm from your hyd motor will be around 550, then rpm times 1.92 = 1,056 rpm brush hog shaft speed.

The blades will cone up to speed based on the tractor rpm/pump GPM's fairly quickly. and the speed of the brush hog shaft will be based on how much hyd fluid you put to the motor. Are you going to use a variable speed valve like the one below, or a solenoid valve to actuate the hyd motor? You should have a relief valve across the hyd motor.

https://www.surpluscenter.com/item.asp?item=9-4169-10&catname=hydraulic

The valve and the pump are all built into the bobcat, normally i just hook up the line feed direct to any motor or cylinders.

By the way thanks for the surplus center link, i just wasted an hour dreaming!

Does anyone have any input on the value of a lovejoy connection vs a direct coupling.

/ Homemade Hydrolic Brush Cutter/ Land Clearing attachment for Bobcat #15  
Interesting build... Where is this scrap metal place you speak of, I'm in Bowling Green and always looking for a decent place, thanks!

The name is Kunkle Farms in Fayett OH. Not sure of the phone number. I just was there this weekend, bought some more goodies. Working on a zero turn mini backhoe.

/ Homemade Hydrolic Brush Cutter/ Land Clearing attachment for Bobcat #18  
The name is Kunkle Farms in Fayett OH. Not sure of the phone number. I just was there this weekend, bought some more goodies. Working on a zero turn mini backhoe.

Thanks man, I'll have to check it out!