Homemade Xmas toys

/ Homemade Xmas toys #1  

jjeff

Elite Member
Tractor
kubota l2850, kubota l4150
So with the holidays fast approaching I'm posting stuff I built for my stepson for previous Christmases 5+ yrs ago it's farm related. Hopefully it will give folks some ideas, with adequate time to build stuff, as I wish I could have found some better ideas when I built this stuff.
Everything was built mostly with repurposed scraps of wood and steel. 1st is the barn, 2nd is the shop 3rd is the pivot sprayer. The barn and shop double up as toy boxes the overhead door on toy shop is a great way to repurpose a bread box door after a kitchen remodel lol Any questions please ask, and I'd like to see what other folks have built for kids for gifts or fun.

Attachments

• KIMG1277.JPG
    KIMG1277.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 135
  • KIMG1285.JPG
    KIMG1285.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 152
  • KIMG1284.JPG
    KIMG1284.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 118
  • KIMG1285.JPG
    KIMG1285.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 128
  • KIMG1282.JPG
    KIMG1282.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 121
  • KIMG1281.JPG
    KIMG1281.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 121
  • KIMG1280.JPG
    KIMG1280.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 117
  • KIMG1278.JPG
    KIMG1278.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 126
  • KIMG1279.JPG
    KIMG1279.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 130
Last edited:
   / Homemade Xmas toys #2  
Sometimes the kids have mixed feelings about handmade gifts from the heart. One day those beautiful gifts will be more valuable than gold to him when he's in your shoes or matures a bit.
Those are great! 👍

/ Homemade Xmas toys
Sometimes the kids have mixed feelings about handmade gifts from the heart. One day those beautiful gifts will be more valuable than gold to him when he's in your shoes or matures a bit.
Those are great! 👍
He was the first person I've ever known to want a pivot irrigation toy for Christmas lol just like his grandfather's real life farm I guess. The year before got him a bruder toy sprayer to pull behind his toy tractors not was not impressed, the boring looking pivot irrigation blew him away and made my Christmas for sure. No it doesn't actually spray water 😂.

/ Homemade Xmas toys #4  
Awesome. I have a few very small things from my childhood that were given to me by by grandfather. Anyone else would probably not think twice about throwing them in the dumpster. Every time I see them,.. I do remember when...

Last edited:
   / Homemade Xmas toys
I got most of my ideas to build stuff from my late grandfather when I was a little kid he built me a barn, a train, and about a 1/16th scale iron ore mine headframe with a engine house to raise and lower the ore skips, he used old bicycle wheels for the sheaves on headframe and a old speed wrench mounted to the drum. I'm still amazed of the resourceful ingenuity that generation had. Unfortunately the homemade toys have long disintegrated.

/ Homemade Xmas toys #6  
I made these for my step-granddaughters maybe 8 years ago. Don't know if they still have them...stepson is (very) estranged from the girls' mother so my wife hasn't seen them in quite a few years.
A neighbor liked them so much he asked me to make a couple to give to his granddaughters.
IMG_0197.JPG

IMG_0198.JPG