Bucket Hooks Hooks on the FEL bucket

/ Hooks on the FEL bucket #1  

RandyinTN

Silver Member
Tractor
NX4510H with backhoe and FEL
Thinking of installing a pair of Kens Grab Hook/Clevis Combo on my soon to own Kioti.
Yea? Nay? Good? Bad?

/ Hooks on the FEL bucket #2  
Note: There are oodles of threads about this subject so you can have fun reading.:dance1:

/ Hooks on the FEL bucket #3  
Grab hooks on your bucket = good. I do not weld so mine are bolted on.View attachment 569808 Not so easy to see the hook - its a "grab" type.

/ Hooks on the FEL bucket #6  
You need to look at how the bucket is constructed first. Some don't have a good spot to fully back the plate for the bolt-on type. For my last tractor I bought a set of Ken's bolt-on but when I tried to put them where I wanted, I didn't like the plate overhanging the more narrow tube frame. So ended up welding on my bolt-on hooks :)

I put example in your chain thread of how mine are on current machine. If buying new, just have the dealer weld them on. Will be free or very small charge for 2 basic 5/16" weld-on grab hooks.

/ Hooks on the FEL bucket #7  
Actually - there is one on each side of the bucket - same location. Never had them get hooked up on anything I didn't want. I'm not quite sure what you think they might get hooked on??? Its an easy location to hook a chain and loop - side to side. I have a short side to side chain with a center drop with a grab and/or slip hook. I never pull/lift from just one side. The bolt on grab hook is perfectly vertical and sticks out only two inches from the side of the bucket.

/ Hooks on the FEL bucket #8  
Actually - there is one on each side of the bucket - same location. Never had them get hooked up on anything I didn't want. I'm not quite sure what you think they might get hooked on??? Its an easy location to hook a chain and loop - side to side. I have a short side to side chain with a center drop with a grab and/or slip hook. I never pull/lift from just one side. The bolt on grab hook is perfectly vertical and sticks out only two inches from the side of the bucket.

I would think they would hang a rock when digging a hole, side of a shed, fence post if you get to close, your leg, etc. I would hang stuff with them there while pushing snow for sure trying to get close to something.

/ Hooks on the FEL bucket #9  
^^^ interesting - I'd have never thought to put them on the sides like that.

Here are examples on my LS of how the bolt-on hooks didn't fit well due to bucket construction. Would have probably worked just fine since it didn't have tons of lift strength. But looked like the plate would want to "cam" against the fastener, so just welded.

20171225_180435.jpg
20171225_180420.jpg
20171225_180403.jpg

/ Hooks on the FEL bucket #10  
Luckily the top of my bucket has a 5-6" flat top. I welded two hooks on a flat plate in line with the arms to hopefully prevent any twist pulling from odd angles and a receiver tube in the center for other hooks or loops or balls etc. The welded the plate to the top of the bucket and painted. It works great for me.