Rotary Cutter Hoping for some help with Sidewinder Brush hog

/ Hoping for some help with Sidewinder Brush hog #11  
I like the price, BUT, notice another mower sitting beside it. I wonder whether it's the Sidewinder's replacement and why it's being replaced. If my Ranger had a big enough bed to haul it, I'd be tempted to buy it myself.

/ Hoping for some help with Sidewinder Brush hog #12  
I like the price, BUT, notice another mower sitting beside it. I wonder whether it's the Sidewinder's replacement and why it's being replaced. If my Ranger had a big enough bed to haul it, I'd be tempted to buy it myself.

The mower sitting beside it is a skid steer front mount, hydraulic powered Bobcat Brushcat:

IMG_0785.JPG

brushcat.JPG

650 Bobcat Brushcat.jpg

Last edited:
   / Hoping for some help with Sidewinder Brush hog
I know I can pull a 5’ no problem. This is only 6” more..... but from what I get feedback on, the weight is a lot more.

I plan to buy a EA Bush hog if I don’t find one used before spring that works.

/ Hoping for some help with Sidewinder Brush hog
Went and looked at it. Would be too heavy and too wide for my 3130. But a dang heavy duty brush cutter though! IMG_0810.JPGIMG_0809.JPGIMG_0808.JPG

/ Hoping for some help with Sidewinder Brush hog #15  
This is only 6 more..... but from what I get feedback on, the weight is a lot more..

If this helps anyone on the future looking at Sidewinder...I have 5' Sidewinder. It is half-again the beast any other rotary was that I ever had! I swear you could crush rocks with it to gravel your driveway. I'm slinging it around with a Kubota L2250. Lifting is a breeze, and it tracks fine on my hilly 6 acres. I wish I had a 6-foot something or other. My Kub is 64", and I get a lousy cut under the tires--though I'm guessing new blades would give me another 2" on either side. They are really rough!

I've run tractors of all sizes, industrial and farm, for 50 years and feel comfortable knowing if I'm pushing the edge. If a 6' Sidewinder were a few-hundred pounds heavier, I would not hesitate to use it with my 2250 if run sensibly.

BTW, if you need help with Sidewinder parts, check with Hercules Ag & Outdoor, (318) 377-9481

They claim 50 years of service as FMC employees.

/ Hoping for some help with Sidewinder Brush hog #16  
I have found a 6’ Sidewinder Brush hog for sale locally for $800. It is said to be in working order, no issues. I love the design. Simple yet effective. I have read great reviews of it eating anything the tractor can go over.... but from people pulling 7’ ones behind 70HP tractors. It’s said to be very heavy and well made.

I have a Kubota 3130 ( 30HP, 25HP at PTO) my concern is will my tractor be able to use the 6’ brush hog of this design and not be too much for the tractor.

I had planned on buying a new EA Brush hog this spring but if the Sidewinder will work, may be worth saving a little. No slip clutch/ Shearwater bolt, no gear box... hit something and the tire keeps going and he plate below stops. No gears or anything get damaged or risk damage.

Thoughts? Anyone have this and got feedback? View attachment 536830
I got and I like it but I burn up the tire is my tire or is my bearing bad ? I

/ Hoping for some help with Sidewinder Brush hog #17  
I got and I like it but I burn up the tire is my tire or is my bearing bad ? I
Is it slipping? Check the tire pressure. It should be about 40 PSI. If it still slips, take out a shim under the wheel hub.