Horrible first day

/ Horrible first day #1  

sea2summit

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota 1860->25D, MX5800, M4D
It’s only trained a measurable amount three times in the last 60 days, yield was down dang near 50%.

Then on the last bale my brand new PTO shaft for an unknown reason just let go.
5E718DEF-F3C7-4CF7-98D2-4C032F28754B.jpeg

CCBA43EA-AFC4-4F63-AFA0-8412967007FA.jpeg

FF445B87-CB78-4653-B816-724A08091B81.jpeg

At least I got it all baled I guess.

/ Horrible first day #3  
Sad excuse for a PTO shaft. Glad you were nowhere near when it let loose. Somebody else will not have a good day when you return that busted up shaft.

/ Horrible first day #4  
Sucks man
Take it back and tell them you’re lucky you arent charging them for delivery….

/ Horrible first day
Sucks man
Take it back and tell them you’re lucky you arent charging them for delivery….
Emailed the dealer before I left to pick bales, got this back:

“Thanks for the pictures. I did send these to Massey and they said they see this all the time. They said because of the way the cover looks on the shaft means that you turned to tight and your lift arm on your tractor got into it and caused the damage.”

It was my first day on this machine but running the arms or tires into an implement is something I’m pretty sure I grew out of long before I started baling. Tractor and baler are out at the fields so tomorrow when I go pick them up I’m going to double check where the arms were, I can’t see Massey’s respond even being a possibility.

/ Horrible first day #6  
Emailed the dealer before I left to pick bales, got this back:

“Thanks for the pictures. I did send these to Massey and they said they see this all the time. They said because of the way the cover looks on the shaft means that you turned to tight and your lift arm on your tractor got into it and caused the damage.”

It was my first day on this machine but running the arms or tires into an implement is something I’m pretty sure I grew out of long before I started baling. Tractor and baler are out at the fields so tomorrow when I go pick them up I’m going to double check where the arms were, I can’t see Massey’s respond even being a possibility.
Your covers do give that impression, but you don’t seem to be enough-a dolt to do something that goofy.
Are you able to remove your 3pt arms? First thing I do is toss ‘em in the corner of the barn where they gather dust until the 1-2 times a year they’re needed.

/ Horrible first day
Your covers do give that impression, but you don’t seem to be enough-a dolt to do something that goofy.
Are you able to remove your 3pt arms? First thing I do is toss ‘em in the corner of the barn where they gather dust until the 1-2 times a year they’re needed.
Honestly hadn’t thought of that, only thing I ever use them for was the mower and I moved that to a caddy half way through last season. Would make hooking and hooking easier.

I’d like to think I pay more attention…my back last night sure let me know how much I twisted in the seat watching the baler run.