horse etiquette

/ horse etiquette #21  
What I hate as much as dog doo is getting out of my vehicle in a parking lot and stepping in a dirty diaper.

/ horse etiquette #22  
OP,

Are we talking about a single horse at a time, two horses riding abreast, or is this a cavalry column of a hundred mounted troopers?

And unless it's a hundred troopers, as long as they're riding down the side of the road, or in the road ditch next to the road, my vote would be "Who cares?"

What is the *specific* issue you have with horse apples in the road? Small kids running out and playing in it? Dogs running out and eating it or rolling in it? I mean it's a road... ?

/ horse etiquette #23  
What I hate as much as dog doo is getting out of my vehicle in a parking lot and stepping in a dirty diaper.

Now that left an image in my brain...never seen a dirty diaper in a parking lot. Now days it's face masks.

/ horse etiquette #24  
For those of you who have and ride horses recreationally.. Do your horses wear ass bags when walking on neighbors roads ? My issue is this..We have a neighbor who has stables where students learn to ride. Their horses regularly walk down our gravel road..and leave piles behind them,,I then either have to try and dodge the piles..Or if not possible..run it over. ..Its aggravating to say the least.
Ass bags ? Is there really such a thing available for horses and if so does it actually work ?
have you tried discussing the issue with your neighbor that owns the horses ?
I can definitely understand your complaints, it would be a pretty annoying issue to deal with very often.

/ horse etiquette #25  
Hey, when you live in a rural area horses come with the territory. Horse apples are about least offensive thing around here. I'd rather see lots of horse apples than all of the beer cans, fast food trash, old furniture and garbage that get deposited in my neighborhood.

/ horse etiquette #26  
I think the OP needs to clarify 2 things - the "community property" of the road and whether or not the neighbors are operating a commercial (and) for profit enterprise.

We live outside of Ocala Florida so horses are everywhere. We have 2 minis, VSEs (small ponies) and keeping the quantity of their manure disposed of is an daily thing. And surrounding neighbors have full sized horses.

Those riders who use the "public" roads around here (and we are assessed yearly for the local road work) do not clean up after their animals. This is usually not a big concern. However I can see that if you have to wade thru the stuff - that can get old quickly. And if we were paying a portion of the maintenance of a private drive where a neighbor was unwilling to take responsibility for an un-ordinary use of the common driveway I might feel taken advantage of in short order.

In short there's not enough real facts here to make a judgement call to support the OP or not.

/ horse etiquette #27  
My grip is people spitting gum on the walk,for which I think punishment when caught should be on hands and knees scraping up all gum within 10'radius of their deposit.

/ horse etiquette #28  
Ass bags ? Is there really such a thing available for horses and if so does it actually work ?
have you tried discussing the issue with your neighbor that owns the horses ?
I can definitely understand your complaints, it would be a pretty annoying issue to deal with very often.
Yes, you see them on carriage horses in cities, but never on riding horses, even in cities.
64CADD97-A499-4818-A58F-97709132D072.jpeg

NYC carriage tour...

/ horse etiquette #29  
Now that left an image in my brain...never seen a dirty diaper in a parking lot. Now days it's face masks.
Plus those annoying little dental floss holders which people use and toss onto the ground like they were cigarette butts.

/ horse etiquette #30  
If there's no ordinance being broken,IMO it's like picking one's nose and scratching their behind. Although there's no law forbiding it, the stable is violating rules of accepted behavior and will likly lose respect of neighbors.