Horse farm needs tractor

/ Horse farm needs tractor #41  
Thank you. Searching that website there are a few available in my price range. Concerned about the age of the MF and lack of 4x4 and hydro

2000 NEW HOLLAND TN55 $16,900 776 hours 2 wheel drive​

2022 KUBOTA L3302HST $25k 23 hours mfwd​

2021 KUBOTA L2501HST $22,900 44 hours hydro

Stay calm and keep shopping. I bought a 2018 LS 4x4 HST 35HP at 250 hours with Backhoe and some other goodies, financed and delivered for under 25K last year. They pop up and dealers will drop prices if it does not move..... It was listed for about 5k more than I paid.

Same tractor as the New Holland Workmaster.....

/ Horse farm needs tractor #42  
Thank you. Searching that website there are a few available in my price range. Concerned about the age of the MF and lack of 4x4 and hydro

I’m in western Tennessee
I’ll sell you my like new 2022 model L2501, that is loaded with options, and includes extended factory warranty for less than that price.
I haven’t listed it for sale yet but plan to before the weekend.
Message me on here if interested

/ Horse farm needs tractor #43  
Is there a notable difference between the Kubota and comparable Kioti/Bobcat regarding performance? We have both dealers.

I think I would prefer the HST for ease of use.
I'd agree on the HST. If you get the gear drive, you also get the transmission-driven PTO vs independent. We had a MF50 with the 2-stage clutch, it was stiff for the PTO stage but a vast improvement over the old Allis Chalmers' transmission driven PTO. Your comment about the gorilla clutch makes me think your 35 has the two-stage clutch. Once you get used to using it you won't like being without it.

I think the L2501 has the treadle and brakes on the right. The L2502, its replacement, has brakes on the left which would be an improvement.

/ Horse farm needs tractor #44  

A 23 year old NH 2wd with 776 hours doing what kind of work against two Kubotas that haven't even reached their initial 50 hour service....

The 3302 looks slightly more appealing at those price points for the additional HP.

4wd makes a huge difference in traction, especially when conditions get wet. Compact tractors that don't have 4wd suffer tremendously in traction by comparison.

HST excels for loader work.

If you have a good Kubota dealer nearby, that's another reason to go with Kubota.

/ Horse farm needs tractor #45  
The L2501 has enough weight and between the 4x4 and HST, I am able to move more material grading my steep driveway with the L2501 than with my much larger 35 hp mahindra 3525. The difference in quality in manufacturing is also tangible. The L2501 is like a sports car in terms of manuverability in tight spaces compared to my lumbering 3525.

I can't speak to the performance differences for Kioti/Bobcat. IMO, the thing about the L2501 is it's 100% kubota. Hardly ever see anyone complaining they can't get Kubota parts.

I had seen you mention Mahindra in other posts but had recalled you bought an L2501 so was confused. But this pulls it all together you have both!

Regarding Kubota vs Kioti, what I've noticed (own a Kubota, neighbor has a Kioti) the Kiotis have higher lift capacity due to beefier hydraulic systems. It's not clear to me if the weight/stability is there to lift more safely, however.

/ Horse farm needs tractor #46  
How about a new Branson 2515? 25Hp but comes with a weight of 3000+ and a large frame for the hp. 2200# FEL lift capacity. One stout machine......Tony's Tractor on Youtube has one and several videos.

/ Horse farm needs tractor #47  
I've mentioned this on here before.
When I was selling Kubota a number of years ago, I had a couple come in one Saturday looking for a tractor for their horse property up in Flagstaff. Showed them both a B2920 and an L2800. I had drive them both. He drove the B first and her the L. Then they switched. When they were done, I asked them which one and the wife pointed to the 'L' and said "that one". I asked why and she said that she had better visibility and could see the loader bucket better.
I delivered it that afternoon.

Last edited:
   / Horse farm needs tractor #48  
I had seen you mention Mahindra in other posts but had recalled you bought an L2501 so was confused. But this pulls it all together you have both!
I bought the 3525 about 9 years ago to use a 6' cutter to reduce my mowing time. Bought the L2501 in 2022 to get the quick attach to use a grapple, but kept the 3525 thinking it was paid for and would continue mowing with it.

Well, the 3525 brakes went out with less than 760 hours on it because of leaks from the transmission case, and it looks like two seals inside the transmission case will need to be replaced. Mahindra dealer that sold it to me is 60 miles away and has not been responsive. I finally sourced the parts from the Mahindra dealer in Chattanooga which is too far away to haul the machine for repairs. I think I've found a mechanic in Lebanon who may be able to make the repairs which will take a bunch of time because so much has to be disassembled just to access the transmission case. The seals are not externally replaceable.

Whatever money I thought I was saving might have been better spent buying a Kubota 9 years ago. This could be a $2,000ish repair just to replace two $39 seals that IMO should not be leaking at only 760 hours.

All this to say the importance of buying a quality tractor with good parts support and having a good dealer close at hand is not something to overlook.

/ Horse farm needs tractor
Thank you. Searching that website there are a few available in my price range

I’m in western Tennessee
I’ll sell you my like new 2022 model L2501, that is loaded with options, and includes extended factory warranty for less than that price.
I haven’t listed it for sale yet but plan to before the weekend.
Message me on here if interested
Sadly we're in Indiana.