Hot Bed

/ Hot Bed #1  

odleefs

Gold Member
Tractor
2005 Bobcat/Toolcat 5600T C, 2000 Yamaha Grizzly
Fellow TC owners,
Does anyone laugh at the plastic bubblewrap heat shield that Bobcat uses on the bed of the TC to protect it from engine heat...I mean, is is just for demonstration purposes and you are supposed to replace once it melts away (as mine did long ago), or is this piece of plastic that is probably recycled from UPS or FedEx padded envelopes meant to last forever.
I am replacing the shriveled mess with ZeroClearance from ThermalSound Direct™*-*High Performance Thermal*&*Acoustic Solutions - For Less! which is what should have been used in the first place.
Steve
PS>>> I am totally into recycling, and if the use of these padded envelopes is an effort at recycling, I applaud Bobcat's effort. But I suspect that the whole thing was an overthought which prompted a hasty solution, at minimal expense...you know they don't make much money on these things! ;)

/ Hot Bed
FWIW, Adam Doskocil at thermalsound.com will give TBN members a 10% off coupon code if you call him at 866-9-COOL-IT.
The Zeroclearance is awesome and perfect for this application...it has a 100 mil alum. sheet that is bonded to a 3mm poly-fiberglass composite which has a pressure sensitive adhesive for attachment.

/ Hot Bed #3  
Thanks, Steve. Mine melted in the first 50 or 100 hours and I had the dealer replace it, probably with the same stuff. Do I need get the dimensions to give those folks for ordering, or will they have it on file?

/ Hot Bed
Hey Orlando!
I am sorry to hear about your continued difficulties...what a pain in the arse.
I ordered 14 sq (48x42") feet which is obviously way more than I need but I am sure that I will find a use for it. It was ~$86 delivered. The smallest dimension available would be 2.5 sq. feet (18"x21" if my memory serves me correctly)which would be ~$26 delivered.
I hope that you have complete success in rectifying your current issues with your Toolcat and Bobcat in general!
Steve