HOT UTV...Kubota Diesel

/ HOT UTV...Kubota Diesel #1  

Boeing

Platinum Member
Tractor
kubota L3010
Guys, my 1year old Kubota RTV...1120D (Diesel side by side) overheated climbing a hill. I've climbed that hill several times before. Sometimes the electric cooling fan comes on but this time I got a red light and warning buzzer. The guage was alarmingly high😫. The coolant is full, the fan works.....???? Is there a larger radiator available? How about an ADDITIONAL elect fan? Ideas? BTW, the air temp was about 80....

/ HOT UTV...Kubota Diesel #2  
   / HOT UTV...Kubota Diesel #3  
Replace the water pump and t-stat "YESTERDAY". It's a routine maintenance item that get's overlooked. Even if not worn the impeller might be slipping on shaft.

/ HOT UTV...Kubota Diesel #5  
DITTO i agree with Roadworthy perform simple repairs 1st. KISS=Keep it Simple Sir

/ HOT UTV...Kubota Diesel #6  
I like to start with the easy stuff. Blow out or hose out the radiator cooling fins from back to front - against the normal flow of air. Dirt will collect in there and prevent the passage of cooling air.
i've got the 1140 and it was running warmer than usual.

in my case, my rad was plugged so i blew it out

/ HOT UTV...Kubota Diesel #7  
I like to start with the easy stuff. Blow out or hose out the radiator cooling fins from back to front - against the normal flow of air. Dirt will collect in there and prevent the passage of cooling air.
....and to check to see if it clear...use a light behind the radiator and see if you can SEE through, even in the corners.

/ HOT UTV...Kubota Diesel #8  
Going up hill in Hi or Lo range? How steep, how long, how fast, carrying what, pavement or trail? Can you be a little more specific about the situation?

/ HOT UTV...Kubota Diesel
Going up hill in Hi or Lo range? How steep, how long, how fast, carrying what, pavement or trail? Can you be a little more specific about the situation?
Thanks, sure.....VERY steep wooded, Lo, 4WD, chugging about 2MPH, 4 minutes. That usually brings on the fan. This time about 2 minutes later...after leveling, the alarm came on.🥵 I let it cool then drove 5 minutes to a very gentle hill and it "alarmed" again. I checked everything out, found nothing wrong and put it to bed. Next morning ran fine, no heating....all normal? Thankful but concerned.