Hour Meter

/ Hour Meter #1  

melgibson

Bronze Member
This has not been my month for Toolcat issues- I love the beast and I love my wife, and both are high maintenance.

Latest issue: My hour meter is reading 29 hours. This seems strange since last I checked I had close to 1,000 hours on the machine. So the question is: does the hour meter only read up to 3 digits before it resets (which I can't imagine being possible on a piece of equipment like this), or is it broken?

Thanks guys!

/ Hour Meter #2  
I think the TC has multiple hour meters. Maybe you rolled-over one of the job hour meters (?). This is probably the wrong forum to try to address other high maintenance items; however, good luck. :)

/ Hour Meter
Well, I talked with the dealer. Turns out this is not an uncommon failure with any Bobcat machine. It is caused by an electrical short or possibly a battery current draw issue which damages an electrical part in the contoller located behind the dash. The fix is to replace the controller, for $700, which then allows them to set the hours to what we think they were before the failure.

Alternatively, I can leave it the way it is.

Anybody want to buy a low hour Toolcat? :laughing: