Hours are racking up

/ Hours are racking up #1  

Shaneard

Veteran Member
Tractor
Ford 4630, Two IH 140's, John Deere A
Hit 1112 hours today on the 1993 Ford 4630, missed the photo op for the 1111 mark. Oops.

IMG_0240.JPG

/ Hours are racking up #2  
Another 3,000 hours you might need to think about trading it in.

/ Hours are racking up #5  
Your hours are chump change. I have 3600 on one of my Kubota's and 2200 on the other. The 3600 one is going in to have the overhead run this fall after harvest.

Other than routine maintenance, tires and fluids, I have has no issues with either one and I fully expect both to outlast me. The 3600 hour one gets worked in the winter doing snow removal with a 10 foot plow.... Other one sleeps all winter....

Attachments

• 100_0008.JPG
    100_0008.JPG
    503.1 KB · Views: 188
   / Hours are racking up #6  
My 1999 B7300 just turned 900 hrs and I finished the 900 hr service. Usually I average about 50 hrs per year on it, but the past 3-4 years, I am lucky to get 25....we just have not had the snow to justify running the blower in the winter. I do not think I blew snow more than 6 times total the last two winters. Most was left on the ground to just either blow away or it melted off in either sun or rain. Not that I am complaining! Since last November 1st, I have only put 22 hrs on the meter, and most of that was mowing around the property. With little snow, I just have not needed to remove downed trees either. Yesterday was the first time in several years that I used the tractor and loader to help cut and move wood. I had two ash trees that broke off 20ft up at burls, and my son-in-law and I cut and removed those for firewood.

Ha, 5030, what is the difference in your "listed tractors" ....Kubota M9000 HDCC3, Kuboya M9000 HD....is that a mistype or is the Kuboya a blackmarket? Ha ha.

/ Hours are racking up #7  
My 1999 B7300 just turned 900 hrs and I finished the 900 hr service. Usually I average about 50 hrs per year on it, but the past 3-4 years, I am lucky to get 25....we just have not had the snow to justify running the blower in the winter. I do not think I blew snow more than 6 times total the last two winters. Most was left on the ground to just either blow away or it melted off in either sun or rain. Not that I am complaining! Since last November 1st, I have only put 22 hrs on the meter, and most of that was mowing around the property. With little snow, I just have not needed to remove downed trees either. Yesterday was the first time in several years that I used the tractor and loader to help cut and move wood. I had two ash trees that broke off 20ft up at burls, and my son-in-law and I cut and removed those for firewood.

Ha, 5030, what is the difference in your "listed tractors" ....Kubota M9000 HDCC3, Kuboya M9000 HD....is that a mistype or is the Kuboya a blackmarket? Ha ha.

I fat fingered it. Probably should do a 'repair'....:laughing:

/ Hours are racking up #8  
Shaneard
Your Ford is "barely broke in" with 1112 hours. My JD 4255 that I've owned since '93 has 11,400 hrs showing on speed hour meter.

/ Hours are racking up
Shaneard
Your Ford is "barely broke in" with 1112 hours. My JD 4255 that I've owned since '93 has 11,400 hrs showing on speed hour meter.

Wow! The 55 series is the best series Deere ever built. I had a 2555 with a cab, I miss it. How many times have you had to rebuild the engine? My dad has a 1970 John Deere 1020 he bought new and it's been rebuilt 3 times, the hour meter shows around 7,000 but we know it's not right, I used it one day and put 100 on it :rolleyes:

/ Hours are racking up #10  
I too, have been racking up the hours on my Kubota L3400. Its only 10 years old and I already have 190 hours on it. Most of that has been this past year using it with my newly acquired wood chipper. I would not want to be without either.