House flies and ladybugs

/ House flies and ladybugs #1  

tcartwri

Elite Member
Tractor
CT235
It's war :censored:!!

Never get used to the onslaught of the little fellas at this time of year. :muttering: :bumblebee:

/ House flies and ladybugs #2  
Here too.... I can't figure out where the pesky things are coming from. They are mostly in the bedrooms & bathrooms of our 2 storey house, & mostly on the west side, of course. Ladybugs we've had a few of all winter long, but now the dumb flies are here as well.
Last night I woke up to a ladybug walking on my face, and of course you know what they do when you touch them... Jeez, smells almost as bad as skunk.

Pete

/ House flies and ladybugs #3  
They aren't Ladybugs....they are a cousin known as the Asian Beetle some timber company brought in here from Asia years ago to eat aphids.....and they since went wild as they had no natural control here. Doesn't seem like there could be an aphid left anywhere in North America base on the number of those dang stinky things you see.

You'd think after Japanese Beetles and the blight that killed off the chestnut tree, people would learn not to do that, huh ?

/ House flies and ladybugs #5  
One year I went up in our attic in early winter and saw hundreds of ladybugs hanging out near a small gap in the siding/framing. Was barely enough of a gap to let light in, but they sure found it and flocked to the area.

/ House flies and ladybugs
Diatomaceous earth will take care of the flies in both the house and barn. Make sure it is food grade.

How would you apply that? We're talking about around window sills mostly...

/ House flies and ladybugs
Never mind, that was a stupid question.. bugs stole my brain.

/ House flies and ladybugs #9  
How would you apply that? We're talking about around window sills mostly...
Just put it in a dish. The bugs land on it and the stuff will kill them. I have hear that dawn dish soap and water will work, but you have to spray it on the flies.

Never mind, that was a stupid question.. bugs stole my brain.
There is no such thing as a stupid question.

/ House flies and ladybugs #10  
My friend calls them "Government flies"... Apparently they were let loose up here at some part of our past.