house site found

/ house site found #1  

mikim

Veteran Member
Tractor
NH TC45
Started with 8 acres that all looked like this. Had to clear with chainsaw and brush hog just to see what we have. Discovered some big oaks arranged real nice so...

Attachments

• 33-119089-Picture005.jpg
    33-119089-Picture005.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 146
   / house site found
cut in a drive from the road ...

Attachments

• 33-119090-Picture003.jpg
    33-119090-Picture003.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 139
   / house site found
then start to clear the building site. I've got about half of the 8 acres fairly clear - trouble is it's 3 hours away and half the wekends are used reclaiming what was cleared last year or the year before .. so it's slow going .. but it's gettin' there. I have a coupla more years before we start to build anyhow.
mike

Attachments

• 33-119091-Picture004.jpg
    33-119091-Picture004.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 134
   / house site found #4  
Looks nice. I am doing the same on my land, but I had some feild so that made it easier. Good luck with the house when you get to it. Mine starts going up in a few weeks/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ house site found #5  
Looks like you made a good investment,and before you know it you will be opening the door to your new home.

I remember when I was a tadpole..my father told me there always going to make trucks and tractors,but they stop making land a long time ago. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ house site found #6  
We've spent the last 2.5 years doing something similar. We started with 5 acres or thick woods & brush. We are starting to build now. Here's a picture of how it looks now from by the road. You can actually see building materials back by the trees.
Your place looks real nice.

Attachments

• 33-119122-driveway1b.jpg
    33-119122-driveway1b.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 136
   / house site found #7  
Mike,

You've got a real nice looking spread....enjoy the land clearing and home dreaming. Save those big trees. You'll never be able to grow them again that size in your lifetime. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Regards,
Bob Ancar
Cambridge, NY

/ house site found #8  
Sure looks a lot like the 10 acres my brother built on (and is now trying to sell). We spent many a weekend with chain saw, Kawasaki Mule, and a little Kubota making a trail around the perimeter, cutting a circle drive, and clearing a homesite. Then he rented a dozer to dig the basement when we started building the house. Lots of work involved.

/ house site found
I knew it was going to be a lot of work before I started. In '83 I bought 10 acres of the same land just 6 miles from this, cleared it enough to pull in a mobile and continued to work on it for the 8 years I lived there. I was raising 3 kids on my own and my 2 boys hated to see the chainsaw come out 'cause they knew they were in for a day of dragging brush. Problem is that was 20 years ago and ya know --- I don't remember it being THIS tough. Couldn't be 'cause I'm older /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif
mike

/ house site found #10  
Bird,

With that kind of experience, you're just the guy I'm looking for - and we have a flat site basically cleared already. Follow the geese to Iowa and bring your work gloves.

Bill