Household Batteries

/ Household Batteries #22  
Good video. Sounds like my next round will be energizer or amazon basics (though I wonder about consistency of quality with amazon basics).

/ Household Batteries #23  
If your device sits unused for long periods, use Lithium batteries. All my flashlights have Lithium batteries. The one's in vehicles go for years unused and last.
While this probably wouldn't be as important to you but lithiums handle cold temperatures better...good for that flashlight in the car, weather station, trail cam, etc.

/ Household Batteries #25  
Since they did away with the 20% off and other coupons they seem to have offered better pricing on their "better" Thunderbolt Edge batteries. I haven't really noticed if they are better since I no longer have a camera that uses AA. My wife uses them up mostly in her little fake candles.
I checked them out a few days ago...Walmart has Energizers or Duracells cheaper than HF charges for these. Now maybe they're "just as good", maybe not, but I'm not willing to pay a premium for store brand batteries.

/ Household Batteries #26  
I recently had an issue with a AA Rayovac battery that I have never had with any battery before. A remote stopped working. When I opened the remote I found that one of the batteries overheated & the liquid in the battery sprayed out of it.

Attachments

• 20210529_132856.jpg
    20210529_132856.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 54
  • 20210529_132908.jpg
    20210529_132908.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 54
  • 20210529_132911.jpg
    20210529_132911.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 56
   / Household Batteries #27  
I bought a dozen of these about 10 years ago and have never replaced a battery yet. I charge them about once a year. They are in every car, truck, tractor, golf cart, bedroom etc. These 18650 lithium batteries seem to go forever. It's a shame that more American products don't take them.